Doing Your Own Thing

stevewool
Posted
Posted

You have made the move out there and life is sweet , but can it get boring too,

Some of you may have moved out there with your partner and started a new life some may have found there partners there ,

The time is getting closer for me to really think hard on what i am wanting and also what Emma is wanting too,

Working here for another 5+ years Ems would love that and who knows so may i too, but the plan is to be over in the Phils just enjoying time spent together

I am worried that Ems will be spending time looking after her dad and brother, house cleaning making sure he is fine and so on, and before we both know it i am put on the back burner,

I understand that there shall be times spent doing this but not all the time, that is why i am wanting my other house far enough away but close for a emergency,

Do i worry to much about things that may never happen or am i just planning for the just in case,

Like i have mentioned before we both plan to see as much as the Phils once there and just please ourselves but talking about and doing it is two very different things and then trying to do it with other people well that may just break the bank too,

Still lots of time to go before the moved and just like Stingray, ( Anything can happen in the next half hour) ok days weeks months , I just added that bit the puppet did not say that

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Steve me ole mate, Do you play the Piano? NO! OK  so life is a post-2148-0-23626200-1450786168_thumb.jp

If you do play the Piano then Play this  post-2148-0-29910400-1450786205_thumb.jp but no matter what, to enjoy the Life here although it is a Merry go round, you got to get on it and Ride it. 

Don't let it slip from uder your Feet, "Time and Tide, wait for no man".

Du savvy? Comprendi? Good, Take the Holiday save some more and just Do it. If it is not what you want, Retire to Bournemouth or Eastbourne.post-2148-0-93743800-1450786654_thumb.jp  Know what I mean mate.

Jack  :unsure:

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Cheers Jack

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

If we move back to the Philippines, one thing we both agree on is that it will not be anywhere near K's parents and family (her father and mother will be very welcome to stay...)

Unsurprisingly, rents and prices go up as one gets nearer to centres of employment.

Options are Subic, if I/we can find part/full time work there, Manila ditto, Dumaguete and just possibly Canlaon City for full retirement. Suppose we might add Davao.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I did fancy around Bohol but Ems is not keen.

Then we went to Laguna area and what a beautiful place I thought

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
I am worried that Ems will be spending time looking after her dad and brother, house cleaning making sure he is fine and so on, and before we both know it i am put on the back burner, I understand that there shall be times spent doing this but not all the time, that is why i am wanting my other house far enough away but close for a emergency, Do i worry to much about things that may never happen or am i just planning for the just in case,
This can happen Steve as the relatives will think ok now its her turn. If you keep planning for the what ifs you will likely never move here. At the end of the day it is your decision (damn why does my misses let my daughter use this pc when she is eating cake, sticky buttons)I was in 2 minds in the end of the day what decided it for me was when a friend said go for a year if you come back what really have you lost,time which you would have spent here in the UK thinking What if.
  • Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks boys for your replies, the plan is still going strong, but its the doubts that come into my head every so offen that puts a spanner in the works,

It good that i can bounce questions of you lot rather then worrying Ems with all my thoughts, i know i may say this and that about the family but they are not all bad its just getting use to the different culture

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

its just getting use to the different culture

Ain't that the Truth, the only real Problem I tend to have is getting some quality time to myself. Although we live a Nice bit away from the family, I can put up with the Visits and things but I have a heck of a Job sometimes of escaping to Town to meet up with friends, Although I am sure it is not true but there are days I feel I am not supposed to have a Little life of my Own. No matter how far I plan it ahead on the Morning I want to go out there is this  OH? but what about this or that, easy, sort it I have to sort me out once in a while  :thumbsup:

The family need certain Members where ever they be Living here there or anywhere it is something that we all have to contend with but for me better dealt with here than at the end of the Internet and Transferring cash that you can only accept what it is for but if you are here you can see the Result.

In a Nut shell, peace of Mind can to me, only be Found where you really want to be.

JMHO

Jack :santa laugh:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
Then we went to Laguna area and what a beautiful place I thought

That starts about 10 km or less from where you are currently living in Marakina, and extends north and south to about a 50 km radius. As with Marakina parts of Laguna have been subjected to severe flooding. So not sure what there is to gain living there.

A few excursions to some mid range hotels is what I would look for, rather than a second residence.

• Like 1