Pal Cebu Auckland Return.

RBM
Posted
Posted (edited)

Perhaps some member have flown this route or to Sydney and able help me. I have asked several travel agents but they know less than myself.

1....if one checks in luggage Cebu Auck. PAL presumably luggage will go direct to Auckland.

2....Hopefully the arrival terminal in Manila (from Cebu) is the same as departure.?

3...Would the return leg be the same routine or would customs be snare in order to pick up luggage in Cebu.

No over night stop overs in Manila as connection times work out.

Any help on the above meets a very big Ho Ho Ho and lots of Xmas cheer.

regards to all.

Edited by RBM

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Are you talking about the newer PAL flight that goes MNL-SYD-AKL? I think it is only a fuel stop in SYD and the plane is a small airbus a320 with 160 PAX. Too small for me for a long flight. I was just reading about the inaugural party in a Filipino newspaper here in AKL.

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

Different terminal, are you sure you go through Sydney, I thought the new flight stopped in Cairns, but very cheap.  You will have to get your luggage at Manila each way, before you change terminals.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Different terminal, are you sure you go through Sydney, I thought the new flight stopped in Cairns, but very cheap.  You will have to get your luggage at Manila each way, before you change terminals.

Interesting, as I understand it's direct Manila Auckland. Thought flying PAL Cebu Manila onward to Auckland maybe same terminal.

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

Yes they are starting the direct flight.  You will have to clear customs and get bag in Manila.   I have always had to change terminals, unless you fly Singapore Airlines then can go Auckland to Singapore, then Singapore to Cebu direct, with only 2 hour wait in Singapore.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I found the newspaper I was reading and they also have a website.   Here is the article.

http://www.filipinonews.nz/serbisyo/philippine-airlines-lands-in-auckland/

When I was shopping for an Auckland flight last July, PAL had the stop as SYD, but you could not book to SYD.  It appears they changed it to Cairns and you can book a stopover.

The flight would be nice if they upgrade to a 747 and fly non-stop.  Manila to Cairns would be around 8-9 hours and that is pressing the limit of an Airbus 320 2 engine aircraft.  And I am sure the seats must be Filipino sized.  We flew MNL/SIN/AKL on SQ, B777 and A380.  Well worth the extra money.  Economy seats are spacious on the A380.

Crocodile
Posted
Posted (edited)

I found the newspaper I was reading and they also have a website.   Here is the article.

http://www.filipinonews.nz/serbisyo/philippine-airlines-lands-in-auckland/

When I was shopping for an Auckland flight last July, PAL had the stop as SYD, but you could not book to SYD.  It appears they changed it to Cairns and you can book a stopover.

The flight would be nice if they upgrade to a 747 and fly non-stop.  Manila to Cairns would be around 8-9 hours and that is pressing the limit of an Airbus 320 2 engine aircraft.  And I am sure the seats must be Filipino sized.  We flew MNL/SIN/AKL on SQ, B777 and A380.  Well worth the extra money.  Economy seats are spacious on the A380.

Am flying Cairns to Manila next month.  It is a 6hr flight.

Melbourne to Manila is closer to 9hrs.

Edited by Crocodile
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Am flying Cairns to Manila next month.  It is a 6hr flight.

Yes, I realized I miscalculated that after I posted.

I wish someone would put an A380 from Clark direct to Auckland!  :-)  We like it here and I can see us visiting every couple of years in the NZ summer.

RBM
Posted
Posted

According to one of the booking web sites flying Cebu ----Auckland (1 hour Cairns) the Cebu flight lands at terminal 2 and Auckland flight departs same terminal which is nice.

Guess as mentioned by a previous poster, we would need clear immigration and customs upon return in Manila before proceeding to Cebu.Again not changing terminals.

• 3 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

My bro-in-law took the Manila-Cairns-Auckland Philippine Airlines flight on the 29th.  He is not a big guy but he said he was uncomfortable and did not sleep at all.  They served one not so good meal on the way to Cairns and 1 small meal on the way to Auckland.  They were able to get off the plane and stretch in Cairns.  Have not heard about the trip back.

Edited by OnMyWay