Filipino Time?

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

When I stayed in the Middle East for awhile, we had what was called "In shaa Allah Time."

Basically, if you asked someone to meet you at 4:30, and he said In shaa Allah (if Allah wills it), you could expect him to show up around 6:00.

Is there something similar here? Twice so far, I've had people show up over an hour late and act like the appointment time was more of a general guide than a set time.

Should I adjust my expectations to account for Filipino Time or was I just unlucky twice in a row?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the Philippines where time is anytime.post-2148-0-64810200-1451993631_thumb.jp  :hystery:

Jack :)

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

When I stayed in the Middle East for awhile, we had what was called "In shaa Allah Time."

Basically, if you asked someone to meet you at 4:30, and he said In shaa Allah (if Allah wills it), you could expect him to show up around 6:00.

Is there something similar here? Twice so far, I've had people show up over an hour late and act like the appointment time was more of a general guide than a set time.

Should I adjust my expectations to account for Filipino Time or was I just unlucky twice in a row?

You were unlucky. But you do live in Metro Manila and there has to be a traffic allowance.

Sorry to say, I have been subjected to Filipino time and Arab time.....Singhalese (Sri Lankan time) is worse.

I keep my Aussie/American time standard, I never get late and I expect the same effort on the part of the other party.

Ma fi muskullah, but sadly it does happen.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Should I adjust my expectations to account for Filipino Time

Unless you want to start a topic asking for psychoanalysis referrals.....................................YES!!!! :thumbsup:  

Otherwise you will go crazy :cheersty:

• Like 4

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

I'll keep to "just in time is late" like I always have, but at least now I know to bring a book with me to pass the time. ;)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I'll keep to "just in time is late" like I always have, but at least now I know to bring a book with me to pass the time. ;)

If you are going to the BI take a Tome

• Like 1

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

BI is Bureau of Immigration, right? Yeah, I get my first taste of that place in a couple of weeks. I'm a speed reader, so I'll be sure to pack an extra book. Just in case.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

BI is Bureau of Immigration, right? Yeah, I get my first taste of that place in a couple of weeks. I'm a speed reader, so I'll be sure to pack an extra book. Just in case.

post-2148-0-63901700-1451995732_thumb.pn

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Yes normally they are late.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Philippina time.

Before our daughter was born we had 2 apartments,1 in Cebu city and this one in Dalaguete. Well we stayed here for 10 days just before she was born and went back to CC on the Friday as my wife had an appointment on Saturday.On Saturday I was going to the gym(we were not sure of our dates for the birth) So I come back from the gym and she was supposed to have a check up before I left I offered the taxi but she declined as she said the birth will be easier with exercise and she wanted to walk OK.When I get back from the gym she is at home and I say how did it go. OH I don`t see doctor as I was late I say why you late OH filippino time. Me well I am not happy but don`t show it as it could cause stress.So she has a new appointment on Monday again she will not accept a taxi. I am in the gym and she texed me to say hey get here I am giving birth. Philippino time at it`s best.

• Like 1