Cheapest Outward Ticket To Throw Awey?

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Hello Guys!

Im sorry if this question has been asked before, but im just so excited to see my fiance and unborn baby boy....

Im an European guy living and working in Australia and its time to go. Its time to go and live with my fiance from Iloilo. She will birth our first baby this april in Iloilo.

i just booked my tickets into Iloilo, but i need a ticket to "fly out". i will stay there and extend a visa for 6 months or so. I just need the ticket
"to fly out". We are going to Europe later....

My question is simple. Whats usualy the most cheapest airport to fly into and where. I tried Manila flying into Singapore and KL and its about 120AUD. should i just book that or is there anything cheaper? The ticket will go into waste so i dont want to spend more than i have to.

Havent seen my fiance in 4 months and flying friday.. we put that bun in the oven while she was visiting here :)... Sooo excited...

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Here's my latest research:

options I found,

1) Book any flight with EVA Air and then cancel after arrival in PI.  Cancel fee is $40. usd.  Manila to Hong Kong usually cheapest for them

2) Cebu Pacific has flight from Clark Airport to Hong Kong for about P 2500~ 0r about $54 usd

Maybe others will find better.

• Like 2

Lost
Posted
Posted (edited)

You can try this site google flyonward

I've never used it, but worth a shot. Or just buy a fully refundable ticket and cancel it.

Edited by scott h
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Hi Sander and welcome. There are many different carriers and methods that members have used.

When we moved here is what I did (or my wife actually lol). Booked a one way flight on our favorite carrier, then just used one of those online booking agencies and found the cheapest ticket out in the next 30 days. Turns out it was Papua N G at that time. Around 50 USD if memory serves.

Good luck, have fun :cheersty:

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Here is one: 

post-2913-0-25515300-1452129386_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

If you are flying to Europe in six months possibly research any deals for a suitable flight going there. Your outward ticket doesn't have to be within 30 days of your arrival in Phils.

Ken

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I find AirAsia and CebuPacificAir to be competitive for the best priced exit tickets and you have to watch for sales to close-by areas to get good deals.  I do not recall ever paying more than 1,000 pesos for an exit ticket using there carriers.  Go to their site, not the travel agents sites.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum and hope all goes well with the birth.  

I am very interested in Iloilo as my nesting place when I get to Phils in a year or so.  Would be great if you could give the forum some insight into how life is there for an expat.  I know there is a group that meets once a month or so, maybe some other members know more details.?

Good luck.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I know there is a group that meets once a month or so, maybe some other members know more details.?

Good luck.

Im sure they do Ron but this topic is about onwards tickets.   :thumbsup:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here's my latest research:

options I found,

1) Book any flight with EVA Air and then cancel after arrival in PI.  Cancel fee is $40. usd.  Manila to Hong Kong usually cheapest for them

2) Cebu Pacific has flight from Clark Airport to Hong Kong for about P 2500~ 0r about $54 usd

Maybe others will find better.

I was searching for a throw away beginning back in July until last month.  I booked Air Asia Cebu to Kota Kinabalu for p859 but they canceled that flight permanently.  I could not find any deals that good after that.  The best I found during that time was ~p1499 all in.  Seems like the deals for <p1000 are not happening any more.  I finally booked Cebu Pacific Clark to Hong Kong for p1688 all in, about 51 AUD (35 USD).  They still have that deal on their website, for 3 or 4 destinations.  Just plug in a date and if that fare doesn't come up, scroll through the weeks until you find a date still available.

If you have time to shop for a while, sign up for the CP and Air Asia mailing lists, and you can jump on a new fare right away.  Look for the lowest fares from smaller airports.  Manila will almost always be higher because the airlines have to pay high fees there.

So, coming back from Auckland on Tuesday, the Filipina Singapore Airlines employee checking us in asked about my status.  Abby and her brother and sis in law were already chatting her up, and baby Katy was giving her the winning smile and giggles.   I told her we were married and lived in the Philippines, and she asked if I have my card, which I assumed to be ACR showing 13A status.  Abby told her I would be getting Balikbayan status on arrival, and she never asked for my throw away.

I would never assume to get this lucky every time.  Each airline and employee may handle the situation differently.  They don't know if you will really get Balikbayan on arrival.

Anyway, you don't qualify for Balikbayan yet (not married yet) so good luck in your ticket hunt!

• Like 1