What To Do In A Emergency

stevewool
Posted
Posted

PANIC, that's what I did at first.

It's funny how quick the situation can change, one minute laughing and having fun,then the next thing you are in a place you have no control.

Yesterday evening we was fooling about in the bubble bath and it was hot and steamy too,the water and the air boys,you lot have dirty minds,

Anyway after a while Ems gets out to have a cool shower while I stay in the bath enjoying the extra space to myself,music is on in the background we are both singing.

The next minute I hear a almighty thud and I look up and Ems had fell in the shower, God knows why she did not come through the glass.

I got out and went straight to her water everywhere and me trying to balance and get Ems into a better position.

I was bloody scared,she came too sort of straight away once I got to her ,but agai she fainted and fell down again, her eyes just rolled back into her head.

I thought the worst,I cried,I shouted, I was just about to call for help then she came too.

She thought she was in bed asleep and I was waking her up she said.

Well after what seemed like forever I got her onto the bed and made the room cool for her.

She told me she was feeling to hot and the next minute I was trying to wake her.

Horrible experience, she slept well and is snoring sorry purring like a kitten,time to take in a cup of tea to her,

I love my Ems so much

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

I have tried to say to her let's pop down to see a doctor but she won't have it,

Her period is soon she claims that has made her feel run down and every other excuss she can think off too.

I bet she will be it all on me soon too after she cooked and did the ironing before the dreaded bath.

I shall keep my eye on her today and monitor the situation.

She has her plate of rice now all's well

Dang Steve, are you warning us that having a bubble bath together is very risky?  Anyway, please keep her under observation and don't hesitate to bring her to urgent care (emergency), in spite of her plate of rice for first aid.  

You guys live dangerously......he, he.  

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
You guys live dangerously......he, he.

Steve, your the man.  I can't ever remember making a girl faint!  Maybe it was  too much exercising while taking that bubble bath together?  :hystery: But then I'm no doctor!  Either way, like Jake said living dangerously.  You guys should pace yourselves.  :dance:.

Actually, it may just be as simple as the colder water after the hot bath.  I hope so.

Continue to enjoy your vacation.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Did this happen in the Philippines?  Is it Philippines related? Has this anything to do with health and hospitals in the Philippines? 

The reason I ask is because the forum it's posted in is

post-1-0-07007000-1452385224_thumb.jpg

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I looked for a box that I thought it may go into and the only place was health or chatterbox,

Now if I have placed this in the wrong section I apologise and could you please move it to the appropriate place

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It could have been brain freeze where when someone is hot and they cool down quickly the skull can shrink and put pressure on the brain. But it is as Dave said to seek medical advice.

• Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I don't know if they offer 1st Aid/CPR courses here for the general public, despite the abundance of nursing and care-giver colleges, but it wouldn't hurt to check if available.  My last one was over 10 years ago, and its time I either renew or review on my own when I get back to the cold country. I will bring some materials when I return for my wife since I like hard copy access and availability in critical matters.  Meanwhile, it wouldn't hurt to review a few things on-line...... heat prostration, stroke, general fainting, etc.

Despite being younger than me, my wife has fainted at a school awards ceremony once, and had a mild stroke with a quick and total recovery, so I try to stay up to date on the symptoms and first aid treatment. I was out of country both times, but her situation 3 years ago in a nice AC'd bedroom also shook me, but I had my computer on-line and ran her through the tests. She did follow up though, as always, with her doctors. She used to be pre-diabetic, but when got that under control pretty quickly with dietary changes. She works around the place like a mule and gets plenty of exercise, so for us, its watching what we eat and portion control.

Know your own and your wife's areas of health vulnerability and stay on guard, always.

I also have made sure that our cell phones have 2 or 3 emergency numbers listed, and more importantly, know which neighbors I can depend on. Since we own no private vehicle, its good that we have our regular service trike provider living nearby, and there are several other trike owners within 100m for emergency trips if needed in an emergency run. Also have your hospitals pre-chosen.

Any other advice ???..... feel free to add to this, since I'm sure that your situations are all different.

Forewarned is forearmed.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

What to do?

Now this is me, in my Barangay. I have the number to the duty office at the Barangay hall. The Barangay hall has an ambulance of sorts and a crew there at all times.

Now here is what happened: We had a lady collapse right out side our gate. I performed immediate first aid, Checked for bleeding (none) checked for shock, checked for breathing. Ok so far. Stayed with the lady while the wife called the Barangay hall. 3-4 minutes she returned...No answer.

Put on my running sandals and hustled down to the Barangay hall (about 150 meters away). Duty officer was in an air conditioned office with her personal cell phone to her ear. I banged on the glass, and was given the wait signal. Finally got her off the phone, and ambulance was dispatched (30-40 minutes after she collapsed).

We have a public hospital right down the road, and tricycles scream by all the time tooting their horns heading to the hospital with injured or sick people.

Bottom line? Don't count on public services to help in case of emergency. Prepare several contingency plans. :cheersty:

• Like 5