Need New Bank

jpbago
Posted
Posted
But, I dont trust any of the banks here. That's why I want to spread it around more.

Same for Binay. He has 192 accounts.

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I like Bob's answer. That's what I do.

If you want to "hide your assets", there is a book suggesting how to do it. The only trouble is that the IRS already knows the different ways which I don't understand why anyone would want to try any of the schemes in the book. I guess maybe they worked for a while.

With that said, my wife and I do have a joint checking account here in the Philippines but we don't keep much in it. Again,like Bob said. Only for the necessary expenses.

I have my bank in California that I have dealt with for many many years.

• Like 4

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
 Same for Binay. He has 192 accounts. [/quot

They are still finding accounts belonging to WC Fields guess having cash bothered him

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
Petey
Posted
Posted

Personally i like BDO. The branch manager and i are on first name terms and that goes a long way in my book. Also if I'm in another branch and i need to get cash over the counter or change money ( normally this is done in local branches ), the branch im in will try to contact my local bank and before they get to him ive already got him on speed dial to approve my transactions and allow them to deal with me - without charge. Obviously he likes a little drink from time to time, so that evens us out :)  BDO is in every SM and thats good enough for me.

Small banks i wouldn't bother with. Just incase something goes wrong and that's the only branch.

Having lots of plastic cards in your wallet doesn't mean your rich, maybe to a lady it does hehe.

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted

Hi guys. I currently have accounts with a few Philippines banks (BDO, BPI, China Bank, RCBC, EastWest and Metro Bank.) Looking for a couple of other banks to spread around some cash (not as much as it might sound like.)

Anyway, I am considering Security Bank and ONB. Has anyone had any experience with either of these. Also, I am amenable to other smaller (but stable) banks if you have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you've watched Shawshank Redemption as often as I have :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
robert k
Posted
Posted

Too bad Philippine/USA partner banks are virtually extinct. Many Philippine banks ATM's I can't check my USA bank balance. Metrobank and China Bank being the only ones I know of. Banks in the USA don't play well with others.:56da632e94212_1(60):

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, robert k said:

Banks in the USA don't play well with others.

Yeah, banks in the US don't even play well with each other. I had a Wells Fargo account in Texas... imagine my surprise when I got stationed in San Diego and found out Wells Fargo, California can't deal with TX?!  I had to open a new account - so I went with Navy Federal ha ha.

The banks here in the PI's are run like franchises.  Every branch is different. So if you find one you like, then stick with it.  :tiphat:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Yeah, banks in the US don't even play well with each other. I had a Wells Fargo account in Texas... imagine my surprise when I got stationed in San Diego and found out Wells Fargo, California can't deal with TX?!  I had to open a new account - so I went with Navy Federal ha ha.

The banks here in the PI's are run like franchises.  Every branch is different. So if you find one you like, then stick with it.  :tiphat:

I bank with Chase and I asked my personal banker one day where the closest branch was to Williston ND and he told me....Boulder Colorado. :huh:

• Like 1