Yet Another Phrase That Keeps "popping" Up ( Time Management Issue)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:1 (103): You know how we write here about our loved ones sayings, well just lately we seem to have yet another that means totally the opposite of what they are really saying. On Friday my wife rang at 5.15 pm to say I will just "Pop" into her Aunties for the Wake of a Cousin of theirs, Yeah OK! its what they do but at 7.45pm I am getting worried (along with a little anger I have to Admit) So Now after realizing that this is a common thing she says but I never really thought much about it but now I recall whenever she says I will just "Pop" into where ever, she is at least another hour + after she has told me what she will do. Point is here that when they  (our Lovely Ladies) say OH! I will just "Pop into where ever on my way home" you can bet (well me anyway) Another 1 to 3 hours will go by before they venture Home. Guys & Gals, we can now  Understand why, the Frozen stuff never reaches Home totally Frozen  :hystery:  Not only That but I was wanting the Ice cream while I sat on the terrace waiting for her to come home. Anyone else get this? OH! I know some of you either do the Shopping or are there but to me, it is my Little Ladies Bonding and Wallet Emptying Time Together. 

Good job we Still LUV EM, EH?

Jack  :)

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I will just "Pop into where ever on my way home" you can bet (well me anyway) Another 1 to 3 hours will go by before they venture Home

Its filipino time.  I get that to some extent but I just learn to read between the lines and Y is a creature of habit so I get more info from reading her body language than listening to her voice.   :mocking:

• Like 4

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Just something else you have to learn to live with if you're married to a Filipina. I never expect my wife to be where she says she'll be at any specific time. I do agree not having the ice cream available when you want it is pretty annoying though.

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I do agree not having the ice cream available when you want it is pretty annoying though.

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery:  ...... I do believe you just hit the nail on the head ..... :hystery: :hystery: 

:cheersty:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

:1 (103): You know how we write here about our loved ones sayings, well just lately we seem to have yet another that means totally the opposite of what they are really saying. On Friday my wife rang at 5.15 pm to say I will just "Pop" into her Aunties for the Wake of a Cousin of theirs, Yeah OK! its what they do but at 7.45pm I am getting worried (along with a little anger I have to Admit) So Now after realizing that this is a common thing she says but I never really thought much about it but now I recall whenever she says I will just "Pop" into where ever, she is at least another hour + after she has told me what she will do. Point is here that when they  (our Lovely Ladies) say OH! I will just "Pop into where ever on my way home" you can bet (well me anyway) Another 1 to 3 hours will go by before they venture Home. Guys & Gals, we can now  Understand why, the Frozen stuff never reaches Home totally Frozen  :hystery:  Not only That but I was wanting the Ice cream while I sat on the terrace waiting for her to come home. Anyone else get this? OH! I know some of you either do the Shopping or are there but to me, it is my Little Ladies Bonding and Wallet Emptying Time Together. 

Good job we Still LUV EM, EH?

Jack  :)

Firstly, I am not one to complain. Gina gives me complete freedom during the day time.  If I tried to extend that to the evening, anytime after dark, clearly that would not be well received and I haven't tried it. I have been out all day biking, plus attending some kind of function and it's all ok. Usually I will not even text her, I just get home before dark.

Now I expect the same courtesy. A few times after a late trip to the market, it became dark, and for reasons of safety I got concerned.

Otherwise, our arrangement is quite clear and works well. She might be at the neighbours, but that's only 50 metres away.

In you situation Jack (Azon is working so that is different), but like me, I lay down the ground rules, so the same applies to Gina, get home before dark please......I  dunno though Jack, you situation is different.

In 5 years Gina gave me 3-4 occasions to worry, so I read her the riot act and pretty sure she got the message.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

She popped into her Aunt's as promised... no word on when she will pop back out :tiphat:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I lay down the ground rules

Must be nice :hystery:  :thumbsup:  :cheersty:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

See you later is all I say,but if we are together and she wants to pop here and there with me in tow, well then there is a time limit

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

In the early days my dear beloved (she who must be obeyed) would sit me in Chow King while she went into the market.

The reason was my presence would up the price!

It happened a few times till on one occasion I was left so long, I spent more in Chow King than she got discount!  :unsure:

I tried bartering by myself on one visit, guess what, I was offered the same discount  :no:

So now, whatever the reason given, I just do my own thing or go to bed, (hoping next morning she will be lying next to me.)

Much better than staying up all hours, worrying where my dear wife is. Thank goodness it doesn't happen very often.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I think they might actually be trying to say they are "popping over for a visit".  Now, a visit is never brief.

Maybe they should say that instead, to manage our expectations.