New Airport Scam Beware !!

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

ATTENTION TO ALL PASSPORT HOLDER...!!!

AWARENESS AT THE AIRPORTS

Please be Careful at the Airports, This is a well organized conspiracy by Immigration,
Police, Customs and Airline staff with networking at all International Airports.
Be careful when ever you give your Passport to Immigration/Customs/ Airline staff.

The passport can be easily tampered with and can create trouble for you.
They have found an easy way of making money. This is the way it works:

At the time of the passenger’s departure, if the passenger is not looking at the officer
while he is stamping the exit, the officer very cleverly tears away one of the page from the passport.

When the passenger leaves the immigration counter, the case is reported on his computer terminal
Now all over the country they have got full details of the passenger

with Red Flag flashing on the Passport number entered by the departure immigration officer.

They have made their money by doing above.

On arrival next time, he is interrogated. Subject to the passenger’s period of stay abroad, his income and standing etc.,

The price to get rid of the problem is settled by the Police and Immigration people. If someone argues, his future is spoiled
because there are always some innocent fellows who think the honesty is the basis of getting justice.

Please advise every passenger to be careful at the airports. Whenever they hand over the passport to the counters of Airlines or immigration or the customs, they must be vigilant,

They should not remove eyes from the passport even if the officer in front tries to divert their attention.
It would be a good idea at least have a full photo copy of your Passport

and Keep scan of your passport in your Hard drive or flash memory and I will advise same for ticket also —i

would be a good idea to get a spare usb memory stick with dated photo copies of your passport and all pages

and your airline tickets and carry it with you when you travel
Spread the word and share! Act Now!
This is a re-blogged from a concerned citizen!

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

They found a bullet in a passengers bag in Bangkok airport.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

It will never end, they always seem to find something to get an earn of the targeted foreigners!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Where did you get this?  Seems a bit fishy to me, like things I see passed around on Facebook.  Is there a legitimate source?

That said, it is a good idea to keep your eyes on your passport at all times.

• Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I don't quite understand how the perp here, who literally rips off one of your passport pages, gets his hands on your money via a later extortion shakedown. Am I to believe that they have a sophisticated and well organized system that entails trust, co-ordination and a long term wait  for the monetary fruits of their page theft to occur later, when other confederates in crime do the actual pitching to make the problem go away?  The perp is at risk of losing their job with no chance of immediate payoff, but has to trust other thiefs to be honest with them and rebate their criminal work fee?. 

Maybe I have this all wrong. So how does this suppossedly work?

Someone please enlighten me on this matter.

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

This one's got me chortling heartily. Next they'll be demanding money just to let you out of the country and be calling it something like "Airport taxes". Oh.......

:attention:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

This is something that a person posted on Facebook to cause problems for BI. From what I've heard, the person was arrested and charged for trying to scam money from BI itself... What a crazy world!

• Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

My only personal experience with a scam is at CDO airport-some woman (without me knowing) followed me after I picked up my bag on the carrousel to where you leave, claiming to the guard on the way out that it was HER bag. Fortunately my lady waiting just beyond the entrance saw the whole thing unfold and rushed in and grabbed my passport-compared it to the ID on my tagged luggage-glared at the guard and pulled me out of there real quick.

Watch who's following you when retrieving your bag at the small airports and stare them down-that's my airport scam story.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have seen this before and from my research determined that this is just one of those urban legends with no basis in fact but gets shared with others because it confirms their fears that corrupt immigration officials will scam them.

• Like 5