Do You Think In Pesos?

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Been here since November, at first I thought, well that is really cheap but sometime after going Christmas shopping with the wife, my mind flipped a currency switch and I now know that I can save much more money by thinking in terms of Pesos and by watching what the Filipinos spend there money on. 

You save money naturally through conversion when compared to home currency. However, you can double that savings by applying  the Peso lifestyle and the Filipino culture. 

Not everything works in this format. There are things that are more expensive than we would normally pay. There are things that don't compare quality wise. You get what you pay for in some but not all instances. 

I have learned from watching the Filipinos that they know there way around high pricing and bad quality.  Not all Filipinos are quality concerned. Some think in terms of having it today and not being worried about tomorrow. 

It's much easier living here once you grasp the ins and outs of currency, pricing and quality.

Don't get me started about tools and hardware stores. You might find the bolt you want at one place, but have to travel to other stores to find the washers and nuts. Same goes for just about anything hardware, from plumbing to electrical to housewares. Even the places that claim to be a one stop shop here are a joke compared to what I'm use to.

They won't let you walk back into the warehouse to see what they have in most cases. If you try to call it by the name you know it as, they don't have a clue. I find taking pictures of items from the computer on to my phone saves me much grief. 

Most employees know most items by the picture not the name. This method has saved me some time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1