Cebu City...decent Bread Required.

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Hi All.

Just looking for some local knowledge in Cebu City.  Have just moved into an apartment for 4 weeks which is 5 minutes walk away from Ayala Mall and facing the same problem I had last year in the Phils which is basically a strong dislike for the sweetened bread here which appears to be the norm, bought some Gardenia bread last night, yuk. 

So hopefully there are some members on here that either live here or know the area well enough to point me in the direction of where to buy some 'normal' bread. Pleeease. Lol.

Thanks in Advance.

:)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
bought some Gardenia bread last night, yuk. 

This may be why some members buy their own bread makers.  If you cannot handle Gardenia then you may be out of luck.  That's as good as it gets.

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

Ayalla Mall, second floor there used to be a deli that bakes and sells French and German breads along with the local variety. Get there early because they sell out. If I had realized I would have bought a 50 kilo rice sack full. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Same problem here in Pattaya Thailand.  Strongly dislike the sweetened rubbish that prevails.  I have found an Israeli guy who makes a

fabulous loaf of bread but it is whenever he feels like it and that is not very often.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Have you tried "American Bread"? Seems to be available in most of my local bakeries. Failing that in most SM hypermarts there is a bread section. Seen rye bread etc. Naturally your going to pay for it.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Swiss baker Alaya close to supermarket have rye bread most times, small loaves about p35.

As one poster said if you have a yuk with Gardenia bread your going to have some serious problems indeed.

• Like 1

Joseph
Posted
Posted

TRY Mehl & Zucker at Streetscape, Banilad 

Large choice of European bread there.

• Like 1

luke
Posted
Posted

Have you tried the delicatessens in the upscale hotels (Marriott ?)?

It may not be cheap but possible more to your taste-buts.  

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Hi All.

Just looking for some local knowledge in Cebu City.  Have just moved into an apartment for 4 weeks which is 5 minutes walk away from Ayala Mall and facing the same problem I had last year in the Phils which is basically a strong dislike for the sweetened bread here which appears to be the norm, bought some Gardenia bread last night, yuk. 

So hopefully there are some members on here that either live here or know the area well enough to point me in the direction of where to buy some 'normal' bread. Pleeease. Lol.

Thanks in Advance.

:)

If you go to SM Mall near Radisson Hotel there is the French Baker on the 2nd floor, their bread taste almost the same as Aussie bread, cost is 86 pesos a loaf, they will slice it for you just tell them the thickness, sometimes you have to wait an hour our so, but what better way to grab a coffee and watch the eye candy.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

The Rustan's Supermarket in Ayala Mall has some good Italian bread in their bakery that I've bought.. You should be able to find some good bread in many of the fancy bakeries in Ayala Mall I would think... 

• Like 1