Family Values In Philippines, Do The Kids Really Take Care Of Their Parents

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's true and if a Filipino were somehow to cut or loose family ties the ramifications could be.......

Or the best thing that ever happened to them , just my thought maybe

It might break the cycle of dependency, providing for ones own retirement and raising your children to do likewise. Bah, crazy talk.

I had a girl who took care of her parents who worked a farm as she had a live in helper job and she earned cash which was hard to come by on the rice farm. Good, hard working people. Her brother also worked at the local Petron station, and he owned the family motorcycle.  All contributed in their own way. I don't miss her but I miss her family. Too bad you can't mix and match as I know a girl who is great but I wouldn't want to live on the same planet with her family.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
It might break the cycle of dependency, providing for ones own retirement and raising your children to do likewise. Bah, crazy talk.

I am in a Filipino Facebook Group and a bunch of college aged kids were complaining that the best job they can get, with their degree, is a BPO call center.  I told them that it may not be a dream job - but if a generation can stay home and raise their own kids - it can't be all bad. 

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

End of the day its the teaching from one generation to another that changers things,

Maybe being from the West and having become of a age when your dad says to you,  go out and find work to support yourself ,and while you are here at home help support us, later on in my life that along with other words of wisdom has done me well

• Like 3