Are You A Left Or Right Brainer? Take The Test!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I was not sure where to put this but I thought it would be interesting to see the results of expats and their wives or girlfriends!

This has been circulating on Facebook.  I normally don't click on these but my wife and I had recently been discussing left / right brain tendencies because I said my 11 year daughter tended to be right brained:  Creative and artistic.

I scored 73% right brain, as expected!  My wife scored 53% right brain which surprised me because she is very creative.  However, she is also very organized and a CPA, so I guess that got her in the middle.  I think most women tend to be right brained.

Take the test!  They don't ask for any information and you don't have to share.

http://www.arealme.com/left-right-brain/en/

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am neither.   :hystery:   Instead of taking the test I Googled to find out if it was logical and decided I like this answer:

Popular culture would have you believe that logical, methodical and analytical people are left-brain dominant, while the creative and artistic types are right-brain dominant. Trouble is, science never really supported this notion.

Now, scientists at the University of Utah have debunked the myth with an analysis of more than 1,000 brains. They found no evidence that people preferentially use their left or right brain. All of the study participants — and no doubt the scientists — were using their entire brain equally, throughout the course of the experiment.

http://www.livescience.com/39373-left-brain-right-brain-myth.html

Yep, I know.  Party Pooper!   :bash:   

> (I don't get animated until you click me) > post-41-0-28468400-1456061746_thumb.gif

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

I actually believe that people have a dominant side of their brain and that it usually correlates to which eye is dominant.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I actually believe that people have a dominant side of their brain and that it usually correlates to which eye is dominant.

That is part of the test and in my case it did correlate!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I am neither.   :hystery:   Instead of taking the test I Googled to find out if it was logical and decided I like this answer:

Popular culture would have you believe that logical, methodical and analytical people are left-brain dominant, while the creative and artistic types are right-brain dominant. Trouble is, science never really supported this notion.

Now, scientists at the University of Utah have debunked the myth with an analysis of more than 1,000 brains. They found no evidence that people preferentially use their left or right brain. All of the study participants — and no doubt the scientists — were using their entire brain equally, throughout the course of the experiment.

http://www.livescience.com/39373-left-brain-right-brain-myth.html

Yep, I know.  Party Pooper!   :bash:   

> (I don't get animated until you click me) > attachicon.gifParty Pooper.gif

Dave, it's fun!  Just try it, you old fuddy duddy!  :hystery:

Maybe it should just be renamed "Are you more logical or creative?"  Surely you believe that people tend to be one way or the other??

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Not sure this is correct, I came out 60/40 left brainer but have macular degneration in my left eye?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89:  Come Guys I would need a brain to even think about answering this one  :blonde:  :whistling:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Makes sense to me but some of my answers could go either way .... but I came out with the following score and i agree totally ....

post-11-0-44248000-1456105179_thumb.png

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not sure this is correct, I came out 60/40 left brainer but have macular degneration in my left eye?

And this macular degeneration started at birth? The brain develops neural pathways. If you wear glasses that invert everything you see over time your brain will create new pathways until what you are seeing with the glasses is right side up. Take off the glasses and the brain will create new neural pathways to correct for the glasses being missing. This was proved through an experiment. The thing is the brain doesn't revert to using the original pathways from before the glasses. Has your right eye always been your dominant eye? Do you know which eye was dominant before? Dominance may not be tied to visual acuity. The normal way I test for eye dominance (I didn't take the test in the link) is to point at an object and close one eye and if the finger is no longer pointed directly at the object, you just closed the dominant eye. Like I said above, I don't think it necessarily requires superior visual acuity.

I just took the test and I'm 84% left brain. I did not particularly care for their test for eye dominance.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Makes sense to me but some of my answers could go either way .... but I came out with the following score and i agree totally ....

attachicon.gifMy_Results_【Left_brain_(73%)_Right_brain_(27%)】(Left_brain_dominant_·_DIGITAL)_-_2016-02-22_09.34.19.png

I have new respect for you Mike.  That score is the perfect balance.  You are the perfect man.  Smart, logical, trustworthy, honest, sarcastic and handsome, Yet with enough creativity to have a good sense of humor and take great photos!

Oh, hey, I just noticed that is the same exact score I got!   :thumbsup:

• Like 2