Budget Airlines???

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)

I went to the largest travel agent here in Pattaya this morning, but they could not get anywhere near the Scoot flight. I then went to my bank here and upped my daily limit for credit card transactions. I bit the bullet a short time ago for a $780 done and dusted. Looks like I have scored a good price for Manila/Bkk $213 direct, plenty of luggage allowance and I will make sure I get plenty of cognac and wine into me! All is not lost.

Thanks you everyone for all your help.

Edited by mogo51
forgot to be nice at the end
  • Like 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Glad you got it sorted in the end Ron.

For future reference, just next to immigration in Soi 5 is a travel agent and business service called 'My Office Travel'. Run by a very helpful Swiss lady. I have used then many times for booking airline tickets. She usually is able to beat any directly booked flights. Especially given a bit of notice and you can be flexible with your travel arrangements. She often has access to special offers which are only available through agents.

Ken

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Huggybearman said:

Glad you got it sorted in the end Ron.

For future reference, just next to immigration in Soi 5 is a travel agent and business service called 'My Office Travel'. Run by a very helpful Swiss lady. I have used then many times for booking airline tickets. She usually is able to beat any directly booked flights. Especially given a bit of notice and you can be flexible with your travel arrangements. She often has access to special offers which are only available through agents.

Ken

Thanks Ken,

I still have one fare to go Manila back to Bkk, CebuPacifiic are the best I can find but their site is always hard to get onto, been trying for 2 days, so will go down and see her.  I know the place, used the exchange next door several times plus trips to Immigration yuk.

I will speak to you next year when we are starting to get ready to move re the mover you told me about.

Did you get boxes from them and pack yourself.  I think we will need about 5 boxes depending upon their size. I am not looking forward to that part of the move!

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Hi Ken,

Hi Ken,

checked them out and they were a little cheaper than the agent I went to but still3k bht more epensive than online, so looks like I have to dig in for the fight again.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Thanks Ken,

I will speak to you next year when we are starting to get ready to move re the mover you told me about.

Did you get boxes from them and pack yourself.  I think we will need about 5 boxes depending upon their size. I am not looking forward to that part of the move!

The boxes cost 200thb each IIRC. But they are quite large, about 4 feet tall and 2 feet square. They deliver the boxes to you included in the cost and collect them when you are ready. The cost of shipping was 85thb / kg collected from Pattaya and delivered to our house in Mindanao. If you take the boxes to their depot in BKK it was 60thb /kg.

For smaller boxes, max 20kg, it was cheaper to use the post office in Soi 5, Jomtien. The boxes from them were free as well.

Ken

• Like 1