"nabubulok: di nabubulok"

Nephi
Posted
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

It has been my experience that Filipino men would rather lose an arm or leg than to lose an argument. They think they know everything about the NBA. They will argue until they are pssed off to try and convince me of something that I could prove to them. I don't even like basketball but I can prove my point. I learned if I want to remain friends with a Filipino, I will not argue with him about anything. I prefer to excuse myself and leave. I'm on their turf and in their country so better not to burn bridges.

That's very true indeed. Locals will usually not confront you if extremely angry. Rather, they will get ya later sometime when you are not looking-behind your back. Good rule of thumb I learned some 20 years ago. Never make a Filipino look or feel stupid; and above all else, never make a Filipino angry - unless you have 24/7 private security. To do otherwise can cost you your life for the most simple or unimportant thing.

Nephi

Edited by Nephi
  • Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Nephi said:

That's very true indeed. Locals will usually not confront you if extremely angry. Rather, they will get ya later sometime when you are not looking-behind your back. Good rule of thumb I learned some 20 years ago. Never make a Filipino look or feel stupid; and above all else, never make a Filipino angry - unless you have 24/7 private security. To do otherwise can cost you your life for the most simple or unimportant thing.

Nephi

O dear I had better un delete bro in law then , not a chance just will not never see him again if I can help it

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

O dear I had better un delete bro in law then , not a chance just will not never see him again if I can help it

Steve, I would leave him deleted. The damage, if any is already done and your capitulation now probably won't change anything. I would just not have anything to do with him to lessen the points of contact and opportunity.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, robert k said:

Steve, I would leave him deleted. The damage, if any is already done and your capitulation now probably won't change anything. I would just not have anything to do with him to lessen the points of contact and opportunity.

There is no contact and there will never be either, he is still banned from the wife's face book too.

Funny thing is the wife is now seeing things in a different light since she has been here

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 3/22/2016 at 10:39 PM, robert k said:

Something like that I would say I'm glad you told me! Let me help clean it up. My plates and things weren't the most expensive but I never noticed it changed the taste of anything.

Whilst that is a very noble gesture indeed, if I were to say that to my SO, she would look at me and say 'No I do' and not matter how many times I  offer, the answer is the same, so now I have given up and just accept that is what she wants to do!.  As I take the top off another beer of course!

mogo51
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

It has been my experience that Filipino men would rather lose an arm or leg than to lose an argument. They think they know everything about the NBA. They will argue until they are pssed off to try and convince me of something that I could prove to them. I don't even like basketball but I can prove my point. I learned if I want to remain friends with a Filipino, I will not argue with him about anything. I prefer to excuse myself and leave. I'm on their turf and in their country so better not to burn bridges.

In Thailand, a monotonous reply 'I Know' when they do not have a schmick and there are 365 schmicks in a clue.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, chris49 said:

Yes well, I was watching Classic NBA there in Fitness First QC, that was 6-7 years ago, NBA finals replay, maybe 10 years out of date, but these Filipino's were cheering wildly as if it was live. When I happened to mention it was an old clip, they ignored me and kept cheering as if was live.

Same thing waiting for a Paquiao fight, which as everyone knows has many hours of preliminaries and build up. The neighbors called me to say that Pacquiao had won, when they were watching some replays of earlier fights.

They 'know' also Chris.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Dave,

This is a little off topic, but just a follow up on Filipinos washing up.  I am rarely allowed to do that. apparently I am not in the Union! 

But my SO would be in the Guinness Book of records as the longest washer upper?  I can do it in 5-10 minutes western style, fill up sink wash all, and rinse, allow to drain - end of job.  

Jt appears to me that SO shampoos, vacuums and polishs every bloody dish and item , puts it on the side and then seems to do it all over again, at least 1/2  hour.  Again I have surrendered as any attempt to change what she does is a waste of time - so as I have already had a beer, I get out a scotch glass and consume said Scotch!!!!!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

my SO would be in the Guinness Book of records as the longest washer upper?  I can do it in 5-10 minutes western style, fill up sink wash all, and rinse, allow to drain - end of job.

56f34813d909a_thinkingman.thumb.jpg.bc8b 56f34849c3171_Step1.jpg.d134ded3e9391176 = 56f348c02fc0c_beersorisori.thumb.jpg.31a

robert k
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Whilst that is a very noble gesture indeed, if I were to say that to my SO, she would look at me and say 'No I do' and not matter how many times I  offer, the answer is the same, so now I have given up and just accept that is what she wants to do!.  As I take the top off another beer of course!

Well, sometimes the offer is just pro forma. You know she won't let you help but whether she admits it or not she is probably happy to hear it. Once made you can attend to those overfilled beer bottles. They have overtight caps on them also. Obvious factory defects which should be remedied as soon as practical.

• Like 1