The lack of communication (AGAIN) can ruin our plans

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: Hmmmmmmmm I know we have been here (or near it) before but once again I have to say I am so Disappointed  with the lack of Communication from my family. OH! Laughingly, some will say Jack is Moaning again. TOO right, I am because this one has cost me money and a bit of Lost face with my Friend who may have put Food on etc.

About 2 weeks ago I asked Both my ladies (Wife & daughter) if they wanted to return to Siquijor to see how my friends Resort was looking the week before he was due Open, Great they said. So I duly sorted things out and said (TM) could invite a Friend or Cousin. Last week I reminded them. Low and Behold this morning I find out that she (TM) has made other arrangements and now will not be around, I asked did you not think to tell me, We Forgot and anyway, it was not booked was it? This is where I am so annoyed, Had the Bothered to communicate like normal ( For want of a better word) people They would have known YES? I know we all talk about having to live within the Bounds of the Culture but this one has taken the Biscuit for me. So at the End of the day, I now find out that she (Wife ) has given both our Staff the day off. Again nothing said to me, The reason we have Staff (with different days off) is so there is always someone in the house and the dogs are fed and watered and the Place is secure. Now today, I can go no where, My wife is the First to tell me about Safety and Security here in the provinces and the Lack of Communication would leave it all wide open

Moaning again Jack? You Betcha I am.

Anyone else suffer Lack of Communication?

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Hmmmmmmmm I know we have been here (or near it) before but once again I have to say I am so Disappointed  with the lack of Communication from my family. OH! Laughingly, some will say Jack is Moaning again. TOO right, I am because this one has cost me money and a bit of Lost face with my Friend who may have put Food on etc.

About 2 weeks ago I asked Both my ladies (Wife & daughter) if they wanted to return to Siquijor to see how my friends Resort was looking the week before he was due Open, Great they said. So I duly sorted things out and said (TM) could invite a Friend or Cousin. Last week I reminded them. Low and Behold this morning I find out that she (TM) has made other arrangements and now will not be around, I asked did you not think to tell me, We Forgot and anyway, it was not booked was it? This is where I am so annoyed, Had the Bothered to communicate like normal ( For want of a better word) people They would have known YES? I know we all talk about having to live within the Bounds of the Culture but this one has taken the Biscuit for me. So at the End of the day, I now find out that she (Wife ) has given both our Staff the day off. Again nothing said to me, The reason we have Staff (with different days off) is so there is always someone in the house and the dogs are fed and watered and the Place is secure. Now today, I can go no where, My wife is the First to tell me about Safety and Security here in the provinces and the Lack of Communication would leave it all wide open

Moaning again Jack? You Betcha I am.

Anyone else suffer Lack of Communication?

Sounds like "what we have here is a lack of communication". ( I couldn't resist the line from Cool Hand Luke)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Sounds like "what we have here is a lack of communication". ( I couldn't resist the line from Cool Hand Luke)

:thumbsup: :whistling: Now to cap it all they just rang to say we are Shopping but not asking if I need/want something. Then it will be well you never said, you wanted something. NO! cos You never told me you were going Shopping after Church. Nor ask me when you rang :89:

OH! I know I will never win but I may Die trying :huh:

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:thumbsup: :whistling: Now to cap it all they just rang to say we are Shopping but not asking if I need/want something. Then it will be well you never said, you wanted something. NO! cos You never told me you were going Shopping after Church. Nor ask me when you rang :89:

OH! I know I will never win but I may Die trying :huh:

Well, she is right. You didn't ask for anything. Live and learn, Jack. (big old grin)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gratefuled said:

Well, she is right. You didn't ask for anything. Live and learn, Jack. (big old grin)

:boohoo:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

the lack of Communication from my family.

This is one case where I have to agree and even MORE so.  I think it showed a lack of respect from your 2 ladies.  I hope it was just an unintentional 'taking for granted'; or even a situation where teenage daughter makes immature decisions and mother backs her up.  These kinds of things happen and we must deal with them.

This initial problem (feeling disrespected) would tend to exacerbate the situation where your wife gave the domestic help the day off but . . . IT'S EASTER, Jack! I would never consider insisting on my Catholic helpers (back when I had some) sticking around to feed my dogs on Easter.

So now what do you do about it?  I know what I would do.  I would explain to my wife that its her house, take care of it, I'm off to do what I told you I was going to do some weeks ago.  We can only be responsible for our own actions. I am sure that your wife is responsible enough to take care of the house while you are gone.

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Hi Jack, hope you feel better after your rant, good to get it off your chest.  My dear SO can sometimes drive me nuts with this, although mainly she does let me know what is happening.

But I have discovered that Filipinos like Thais are not great communicators.  I think there is a general shyness by Asians.  Westerners on the other hand, have no problem telling what and how they  feel.  It is that wonderful east/wast thing Jack.  But hey, the alternative is not that flash Jack???

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

IT'S EASTER, Jack! I would never consider insisting on my Catholic helpers (back when I had some) sticking around to feed my dogs on Easter.

Having said this Dave, I am sure you will agree we would be the first to moan if all bars, restos and places Closed down because of staff and a Catholic Easter Holiday. I would not mind but she is not a  Practicing Catholic. I will Grin and bear this when the wages are due, i will inform her that she has had 7 days off this month and not the 4 as normal.:thumbsup:

Gripe over, I have since moved on with this. :whistling:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I am sure you will agree

I always agree with you Jack.  I sometimes try to offer another way of looking at things is all.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I always agree with you Jack.  I sometimes try to offer another way of looking at things is all.

As long as well all sing from the same Hymn sheet and same verse most times I am always Happy to hear the

Alternatives. Now I will do my Easter thing Gone to the Pub.jpg:cheers:

• Like 1