Expats who have Learned to love "Filipio Time"

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Living in Philippines provides some great life changing opportunities all you have to do is take advantage of them. How many of our members have learned to adapt to Manana or Filipino Time? I love it during our visits, everything may or not happen "in a while" or Manana. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Living in Philippines provides some great life changing opportunities all you have to do is take advantage of them. How many of our members have learned to adapt to Manana or Filipino Time? I love it during our visits, everything may or not happen "in a while" or Manana. 

Well it depends on what you want to get done if it is something important and time sensitive then Filipino time just does not cut it. My wife was on Filipino time and she missed an appointment for a check up whilst pregnant on the Saturday. So she had to go back on the Monday and she had already broken her water and was about to drop,so Filipino time can be dangerous sometimes.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

I learnt (Learned) Manana Living in my 19+ years in Spain but here it is worse, What I have found is that it only affects our loved ones when they are on the receiving end. Time is important it seems for the Start of the Work day but Boy, watch the exodus on the Dot at Finish Time and of course 'The Church Thing' Mine are never late for that, Everything else well it fits where it touches :hystery:

So for me I just go with the Flow now, anything else is just too stressful. Odd as it may seem, No matter what actual time I go for my 6pm Beer and my Time! I always get a phone call at 6.45. Dinners Ready :89:

Seems we just can't win Sometimes EH?

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Dave, I'm with you 100% I do not wait to eat if it's time to eat and the food is not on the table you have one unhappy grumpy Foreigner. :angry:

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I just love the way when I ask when something will happen and the answer is SOON, can mean absolutely anything. Now I wait till she is ready and tell her we will leave when I have finished my beer :wub:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

Now I wait till she is ready and tell her we will leave when I have finished my beer :wub:

images.jpg

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Am i the only one that thinks Filipino Time is just a nice word for a selfish a-hole. Im a type of person thats allways on time (or before time) and if something happens and i know i will be late, then ill call and apologise for being late. Hate people who agree on a time and make you wait.

Went to the dentist today with a booking for 11am. I was there at 11am. The doctor was "late". Waited an hour and she never came. I left the place. Is she doesn't want my money then its ok. I probably have about 10-20k++pesos work needed to done and i told them on the phone while booking that i need alot of work - lived in Perth where just an extraction was 200aud - 7000pesos haha ??. Lets just say that i tried to stay awey from thr dentists in Australia. Theres allways someone else that wants my business. Businesses like this wouldn't last long in any normal country, but hey its the norm here. Googleing for a Chinese dentist in Iloilo now as my personal experience has showed that they do want your work and money ?. Fiance is pregnant and her doctor is a Chinese girl. Since its the last month of her pregnancy we visit every week. Shes allways there on time.

Oh well, everything is more fun in the Philippines ?.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
Just now, Sander Martin said:

Am i the only one that thinks Filipino Time is just a nice word for a selfish a-hole. Im a type of person thats allways on time (or before time) and if something happens and i know i will be late, then ill call and apologise for being late. Hate people who agree on a time and make you wait.

Went to the dentist today with a booking for 11am. I was there at 11am. The doctor was "late". Waited an hour and she never came. I left the place. Is she doesn't want my money then its ok. I probably have about 10-20k++pesos work needed to done and i told them on the phone while booking that i need alot of work - lived in Perth where just an extraction was 200aud - 7000pesos haha ??. Lets just say that i tried to stay awey from thr dentists in Australia. Theres allways someone else that wants my business. Businesses like this wouldn't last long in any normal country, but hey its the norm here. Googleing for a Chinese dentist in Iloilo now as my personal experience has showed that they do want your work and money ?. Fiance is pregnant and her doctor is a Chinese girl. Since its the last month of her pregnancy we visit every week. Shes allways there on time.

Oh well, everything is more fun in the Philippines ?.

I did the same thing recently in Thailand.  The Dentist arrived 15 minutes late (I was first patient) with a bag of food and other crap he had stopped to buy. So I gave him a serve.  He then did my cleaning and I had to come back for another procedure the next day, so he told me he would make me the first patient after lunch as he would be on time, as already in the building???

Still did not get the need to be on time, but it did work