Filipina - Things that make you go ??????

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

We went shopping this morning and while she was at the chicken section I was looking to buy some bones for the dog. I spied some pig's trotters (feet) at 58 pesos a kilo, not to big or small cut into good size for the pot and dog (small). We came home and she decided to do the washing, I stuck the trotters in a pot to cook, well about half an hour latter, I see her having lunch, rice and something, so I ask what is it and she tells me it was the nice trotters I cooked for her lunch and can I do some more soon. Didn't have the heart to tell her they were the dog's bones, but they both enjoyed them.:89:

thumbs up smiley.png Brilliant.

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Cheap way to feed the wife and the dog gets the leftovers. Two birds with one stone haha :hystery:.

• Like 4

Nephi
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, frosty (chris) said:

We went shopping this morning and while she was at the chicken section I was looking to buy some bones for the dog. I spied some pig's trotters (feet) at 58 pesos a kilo, not to big or small cut into good size for the pot and dog (small). We came home and she decided to do the washing, I stuck the trotters in a pot to cook, well about half an hour latter, I see her having lunch, rice and something, so I ask what is it and she tells me it was the nice trotters I cooked for her lunch and can I do some more soon. Didn't have the heart to tell her they were the dog's bones, but they both enjoyed them.:89:

That really IS a good one. Strange stuff happens in this country everyday but I could never top that one. Hahaha :hystery:..

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

My wife treks into the nearest big town to buy frozen beef offal imported from the Philippines. She does not seem impressed by Angus fillet steak from our local butcher, nor has it occurred to her that he can supply beef offal - indeed, he gives it away as dog food.

• Like 4

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Methersgate said:

My wife treks into the nearest big town to buy frozen beef offal imported from the Philippines. She does not seem impressed by Angus fillet steak from our local butcher, nor has it occurred to her that he can supply beef offal - indeed, he gives it away as dog food.

But she would never want the dogs food. She want the real beef offal...

But hey @frosty (chris) pig feet I eat too, I picked that up somewhere else, east Europe.

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, MikeSwede said:

But she would never want the dogs food. She want the real beef offal...

But hey @frosty (chris) pig feet I eat too, I picked that up somewhere else, east Europe.

Mike I remember years ago when I was a youngster maybe 8 or 9 y.o, my dad would eat jellied pig trotters from a jar, didn't like em them and don't like em now :whistling:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Do they cut off the toe nails first????

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Providing them with multiple beds to choose from and then finding they still choose to sleep on the floor.........:89:

• Like 4