3 MPS internet speed

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

PLDT Fiber in Davao... Not too bad.

5327509820.png

Are you paying for 50 and getting 100 under the current promo?  Or already paying for 100?  I am paying for 50 here in Subic and it always tests right at 50.  What VPN are you using?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, markpa said:

:shades:  I see a lot of users talking about Globe. I don't thank god have a wife. So maybe use Skype 2 times a week. Sinbce I figure I can't change gs, I will live with what get. Whats a guy gonna do.

So where do I find 'Torrenting' she sounds a bit hot!!!

markpa
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Are you paying for 50 and getting 100 under the current promo?  Or already paying for 100?  I am paying for 50 here in Subic and it always tests right at 50.  What VPN are you using?

:Policeman: I'm not there yet. wish I was. Mark

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Am on the 100 plan. Sometimes get 99.9 or sometimes even 105.?? But usually 94 to 97

• Like 1

markpa
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Our problem, and it seems to be a common problem, is that there is often only one provider.  All 3 places we have lived over here has had one choice of provider.   It is not exactly a monopoly, but for all practical purposes may as well be.  In our apartment in the city the front half of the subdivision was PLDT, the back half was Globe. Where are now we can either use Globe, or not have internet.  Not a great choice... but all we got  :tiphat:

:hi: Now that can present a problem, wrong carrier and no or even worst.Mark

markpa
Posted
Posted
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:35 AM, markpa said:

Now 15 is liveable, I am thinking Cebu Big city not like Manila, but might get lucky.

:hi: I guess I can do is take what I might get there and live with it.Mark

markpa
Posted
Posted
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:29 AM, markpa said:
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:26 AM, expatuk2014 said:

we pay PLDT for and get upto 2mbs and it hovers between 1.35-2.20 mbs there are 2 things you can do to keep speed constant 

1. leave the modem connected, this keeps your connection open and helps maintain speed , if you turn it off at night then when you turn it on

you are more or less fighting to get a good connection !

2. twice a day do a ping test to pldt as this reflects on their servers and this often boosts your speed ! ( both these tips come from our local PLDT Engineer )

we used to have wimax when we first arrived here in 2011 which was rubbish ! and we tried the plugin type which was rubbish so we stayed with PLDT

2 on good day.ok. But you got me wondering. can I use Skype at all? Just a thought. I got to look that up.

:thumbsup:  well no matter what I guess I can't use Skype below are the basic broadband I need to use it.

Calling 30kbps / 30kbps 100kbps / 100kbps
Video calling /
Screen sharing
128kbps / 128kbps 300kbps / 300kbps
Video calling
(high-quality) I never used Magic Jack guess I'll check that out. Mark
400kbps / 400kbps 500kbps / 500kbps

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, markpa said:

:thumbsup:  well no matter what I guess I can't use Skype below are the basic broadband I need to use it.

Calling 30kbps / 30kbps 100kbps / 100kbps
Video calling /
Screen sharing
128kbps / 128kbps 300kbps / 300kbps
Video calling
(high-quality) I never used Magic Jack guess I'll check that out. Mark
400kbps / 400kbps 500kbps / 500kbps

You are mixing up Mbps and KBps Mark. They are not the same. 1Mbps (megabits per second) is 125KBps (Kilobytes per second).

With atleast 2Mbps connection you can do most things. Only thing you cant really do is watch HDquality videos without buffering all the time. Even with a 3Mbps connection i get occasional buffering pauses.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

FWIW  In the US I was paying $148 usd for cable (no premium) channels and 5Mbps speed internet.  Testing it was usually just under 5.
Here in Sta Rosa Laguna we are paying P1599 monthly (about $33.) for 5Mbps internet and landline from Globe.  Data allowance is 60GB. Speed tests usually run 2.7 and once I got 4.8.  Still waiting for the Skycable hook up but the papers stated something like P550 ($11 usd) monthly.  
Now if speed is your thing, Globe is running fiber in some areas with plans starting at 50Mbps for P2499 and up to 1Gbps for only P9499. :omg:
Overall I’m satisfied with the internet we have, but like others, wish I could get the 5 I’m paying paid for but, as the contract says,..UP TO 5Mbps.

• Like 2

markpa
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

You are mixing up Mbps and KBps Mark. They are not the same. 1Mbps (megabits per second) is 125KBps (Kilobytes per second).

With atleast 2Mbps connection you can do most things. Only thing you cant really do is watch HDquality videos without buffering all the time. Even with a 3Mbps connection i get occasional buffering pauses.

:571c66d400c8c_1(103): Oh ok, Dah, I was really never really very good with that techie stuff . I never had a reason to. So I feel a little better about this tech stuff, Hey if I can surf some Skype  and use net flex; I will be a happy camper.Thank you. Mark