Wet Dry Vac

intrepid
Posted
Posted

This is more of a recommendation request than where do I find.  I have seen several brands listed on several web sites including Lazada.  Also saw some in the stores.  However, can anyone here recommend a good wet dry vac?  It's one item I did not ship from the US.  Had two older Craftsman and liked them but they were getting old and soon needing replacement so no since shipping.  I'll be using it mostly in a workshop and cleaning the car and other various projects around the house.  I'd prefer a good mid-sized like about 16 Gal.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

For small appliances/tools like that I have had good luck with Ryobi that Aussies have brought from Australia and sell on OLX.  Here is an example:

https://www.olx.ph/item/ryobi-wet-and-dry-vacuum-cleaners-ID7jdV1.html#38114d9d91;clm-ph_r2-1_id108100099

If you keep an eye on that classified ad site you will see a lot of Ryobi stuff.  Its great for light duty but tends to break down if used frequently or on tough jobs.  Best of all, they are cheap.

PS:  I have not bought a Ryobi wet/dry but I have their pressure washer and I had a couple other items.  DO NOT let the local lads use them or they will be broken in no time.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have had 2 or 3 Shop Vacs over the years and they have always been good.  I think I sold them when moved long distances.  I bought a small ShopVac here at ACE and it has been fine but does not seem as heavy duty as the others I had in the past.  The hose is a bit flimsy.  I can't remember what I paid for it.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)

You can get Karcher in Ace hardware, Lazada , home depot and probably many other places. 

http://acehardware.ph/brands/Karcher.html

to add, I think Karcher have good products. 

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks all for your thoughts.  As much as I like the used imports, I think I would prefer a new vac if it works well and of size needed.  With added information, I will revisit Ace Hardware and take a good second look.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, intrepid said:

Thanks all for your thoughts.  As much as I like the used imports, I think I would prefer a new vac if it works well and of size needed.  With added information, I will revisit Ace Hardware and take a good second look.

If you have one around, try Ace Builders Supply.  They have a much larger selection of goods than the small Aces.

intrepid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

If you have one around, try Ace Builders Supply.  They have a much larger selection of goods than the small Aces.

I'm sure there is because here in Sta Rosa seems like everything and more is available.   But since I've been living here just about a month I'll have to ask or search around a bit.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

This is the one I have:

This is the ones I have :SugarwareZ-034:

Dust-Pan.jpgmop.jpg

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is the ones I have :SugarwareZ-034:

Dust-Pan.jpgmop.jpg

You are not Filipino!

Seems like Filipinos are not that fond of vacs unless they own a car wash.  Probably due to the cost.  When we moved into our house after the refurbishing, I can't imagine not having one.  The contractor should have had one to clean all the dust you can't get with a broom, but he did not so I had to clean it all.

• Like 2