How many pizza places is enough

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Who is the good sort inthe Photo Jack, she is obviously checking out Pizza shops (just to keep on topic).

That's my  Head Cook & Bottle washer, You name a job in the house and she has a hat for it But one thing she will not eat is pizza.:hystery:

Jack:whistling:

Morning All:shades:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

On a 1KM long stretch here in Camiguin counted 7 pizza shops, none of which had a customer at lunch time. Guess not tourist time.

Dave.is there a Calda in Dumaguete? If not your sure missing out

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I say I don't mind a lot of pizza choices because I love pizza and there might be one or two of several that appeal to me.

Good restaurant pizza is hard to find in the Philippines it seems.  Reel Pizza at J Mall in Mandaue, and S & R being the best IMHO.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

If I want a good pizza, I'll go to S & R and get their combo New York Pizza. All the others are a distant 2nd.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

If we ever get an S&R on our island I will keep that in mind.  Until then the Sbarro's p49 slice of cheese will have to suffice (barely). Hard to find a good pie here...  :tiphat:

i am bob
Posted
Posted
On 7/22/2016 at 10:02 AM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

If we ever get an S&R on our island I will keep that in mind.  Until then the Sbarro's p49 slice of cheese will have to suffice (barely). Hard to find a good pie here...  :tiphat:

ah...  sbarro...  i haven't had one since the late 80s...  :cornflakes::whistling:

i am bob
Posted
Posted
On 7/22/2016 at 8:05 AM, Gratefuled said:

If I want a good pizza, I'll go to S & R and get their combo New York Pizza. All the others are a distant 2nd.

i agree...  thank gawd that there is an s&r pizza outlet at abreeza mall...  no need to get a membership or travel to matina...

i've been told that yellow cab is suppose to be just as good but, when i look at the pricing, i have trouble paying double the s&r price...  :mocking:

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
On 24 July 2016 at 10:44 AM, i am bob said:

i agree...  thank gawd that there is an s&r pizza outlet at abreeza mall...  no need to get a membership or travel to matina...

i've been told that yellow cab is suppose to be just as good but, when i look at the pricing, i have trouble paying double the s&r price...  :mocking:

I haven't seen an S & R at Abreeza. Thanks for the tip. I'll look for it this coming Thursday. My wife has a membership to the S & R in Matina here. I cannot go without her. 

In the states there are as many pizza parlors as there are taco, hot dog and burger joints. The pizza here in the PI is nowhere near the ones back home except for S & R. 

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gratefuled said:

I haven't seen an S & R at Abreeza. Thanks for the tip. I'll look for it this coming Thursday. My wife has a membership to the S & R in Matina here. I cannot go without her. 

In the states there are as many pizza parlors as there are taco, hot dog and burger joints. The pizza here in the PI is nowhere near the ones back home except for S & R. 

it's just the snackbar part...  s&r new york style pizza shop...  and it's an outside entrance only...  go out the door by starbuck's and turn left...  right beside army/navy...  prices are a bit more (5% ?) than the warehouse as anyone can go there BUT show your membership and your cost will be reduced to the warehouse price...  other dif from the warehouse is no roast chicken and no bottomless soda...

• Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
On 07/24/2016 at 10:44 AM, i am bob said:

've been told that yellow cab is suppose to be just as good but, when i look at the pricing, i have trouble paying double the s&r price...  :mocking:

A friend at the Philippines Embassy told me that Yellow Cab is opening here in Beijing and she is looking forward to a taste of home. Apparently Pizza Hut, Dominos, Gung Ho and all the rest are not the same.

• Like 1