Weird happening on my Modem

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Reboot said:

It's hard to find the hole when there's no hair.

I think these days it's hard to find any hair where once there was always.  Sometimes I wonder how these conversations get started. :huh-huh:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

ok...   i gotta settle a couple misconceptions here...  The reset hole?  it's just a hard reset switch that cuts power to the system...  reboots the modem...  why? because you still have power to parts of your modem if you just switch it off and doesn't always clear the cache...  pulling the plug does the exact same thing...  no difference!  so why the reset hole?  ever try to get to a plug under or behind a desk?

the next thing to settle...  if you need to get dust or dirt out of a small hole?  get yourself a katabang!   just don't tell your wife why you hired her...  :whistling:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, i am bob said:

ok...   i gotta settle a couple misconceptions here...  The reset hole?  it's just a hard reset switch that cuts power to the system...  reboots the modem...  why? because you still have power to parts of your modem if you just switch it off and doesn't always clear the cache...  pulling the plug does the exact same thing...  no difference!  so why the reset hole?  ever try to get to a plug under or behind a desk?

the next thing to settle...  if you need to get dust or dirt out of a small hole?  get yourself a katabang!   just don't tell your wife why you hired her...  :whistling:

I disagree :thumbsup:

But don’t go pressing that button just because it’s fun, since it will reset your device to factory default, meaning any configuration you may have done to the device (setting up the wireless network on your router or scheduling motion detection and automatic alerts on your camera) will be erased.

So when should you press the Reset button? 

http://blog.dlink.com/what-is-a-reset-button-when-should-i-use-it/

i am bob
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Tom, Tom, Tom...  anyone who uses a D-rethink router, well...   ;)  seriously, i wouldn't touch D-Link as they are just too incompatible with too many systems, poor manufacture and, yes, they do some really dumb things in their engineering...  I would rather go get the cheapest router from China loaded with spyware and hidden tripwire malware than use a d-Link...  lol!

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, i am bob said:

Tom, Tom, Tom...  anyone who uses a D-rethink router, well...   ;)  seriously, i wouldn't touch D-Link as they are just too incompatible with too many systems, poor manufacture and, yes, they do some really dumb things in their engineering...  I would rather go get the cheapest router from China loaded with spyware and hidden tripwire malware than use a d-Link...  lol!

I like my Chinese routers (Motorola and Huawei) because they work, after all if I can't download something, they can't look over my shoulder?:89:

• Like 1