USD ?? To PHP

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

What's going on? Everyday it's getting lower. Is it because of Trump's big mouth? 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, anthonytt said:

What's going on? Everyday it's getting lower. Is it because of Trump's big mouth? 

:hystery: Nice to see someone else getting the blame, Last Month, seemed everyone was throwing the book at the "BRITS" for Brexit. I think all West currencies are going through it as we are all geared to the $

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, anthonytt said:

I don't really see any big changes.  It has traded in the 46-47 range for the past year.

Fullscreen capture 8162016 105952 AM-001.jpg

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, anthonytt said:

Maybe it's because of Hillary's Wall Street secrets? Who knows?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Maybe it is because the Finance guys on the FOREX can't make money unless the rate fluctuates.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Maybe it is because the Finance guys on the FOREX can't make money unless the rate fluctuates.

:hystery: Dats business for YA!:SugarwareZ-004:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

I was going to mention that.  I think the traders make more money when there is a "predictable" trading range.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It has been fairly steady for a few months. Seems to be edging it's way up. I am still hoping for p50:1 ha ha.  Who knows, if Duterte can mess up international diplomacy and mess with the economy we might see it...  :tiphat:

Gentleman.Jack.Darby
Posted
Posted

I believe that the main reason is because of the low interest rates in the U.S.

If one watches closely, as each Federal Reserve Board meeting moves closer and, depending on what the "word on the street" is regarding the Fed's decision, one will see the USD -> PHP rate increase, if "the word" is that the decision will be to raise rates and decline if the "the word" is that the decision will be to keep rates the same - at this point, the Fed can't really lower.

"the word" is usually a pretty good indicator since it's not in the Fed's interest to keep the decision **too** secret - "surprise" news, in the best of times, roils the markets and the current environment is hypersensitive.

The positive flip side of low interest rates is that equities (stocks, shares, etc.) do well so, assuming one owns equities, it's my belief that one is better off.

When the Fed decides to raise interest rates, assuming the timing is right and the increase is reasonable, one will see USD -> PHP rates increase and equities decline.

If we **EVER** get a truly strong U.S. economy with interest rates back in their historical range, it will be party time again.

Gentleman.Jack.Darby
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I was going to mention that.  I think the traders make more money when there is a "predictable" trading range.

"Market makers" ALWAYS make money because they make the market.

But always remember, there's two sides to every transaction -  for every trade (and trader) that makes a killing, there are trade(s) or or traders(s) that lose.

It's always better to sell the picks, shovels, and pans than to break one's back doing the mining.

I was recently trying to find a way to get better exchange rates than those offered by, for example, U.S. Forex, Xoom, etc. and I looked into actual Forex trading, thinking I might be able to take delivery of my foreign currency and cut out the middle man. To make a long story short, not really possible, but I did learn just how risky forex trading is.

Leverage of 40 or 50 to 1 -  I'm not risk-averse, but that's too rich for me!