Strongman Popularity?

stevewool
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Gratefuled,

My mention of Sharia Law in UK was to highlight just how the Muslim community in certain area's in UK are fearful of their own kind.

would never be allowed to happen and Sharia law to be forbidden, as I would hope that the British Government will clamp down it's use here.

Well i am sure having a new Maggi Thatcher look alike it should be outlawed sooner then later, but like anything in life you dont know its happening until its too late

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Well i am sure having a new Maggi Thatcher look alike it should be outlawed sooner then later, but like anything in life you dont know its happening until its too late

Take a little more water with it Steve :smile:

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Kuya John said:

I think Philippines needs strong leadership, a Government, that if necessary, will act in the interest of the majority. In which case the Philippines being supposedly Christian, I would of thought that in Mindanao a separate Muslim state would never be allowed to happen and Sharia law to be forbidden, as I would hope that the British Government will clamp down it's use here.

I like the way you think. Lets hope for the sake of the future of the Philippines President Duterte makes good decisions when it comes to Muslims and Sharia Law. 

" but like anything in life you dont know its happening until its too late" Lets hope this is not the case when it comes to Federalism and the Philippines.

Edited by Gratefuled

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Hmmmmmmmmm OK! but let us remember our own teachings & think on "David and Goliath" + also remembering the writings "The meak shall inherit the world"

There is also a saying,

" It's a woman's world" but skeptics answer, "yeah, maybe but they'll never get title to it"

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

To my mind he is like a Fragmented Disk, to much too soon and causing more problems than he is or can Hope to achieve.

I think he has certainly 'hit the ground running' Jack.  I understand your point, but I think I would rather his style than the former President.  He spent a long time doing very little except for the upper end of town.

I think it is time for someone to come along and do something for the other end - hopefully he is the man.

The discussions by others relating to the 'Island Chinese crisis' is very real.  If Duterte isolates Philippines in the current circumstances - he is asking for problems.  If he believes China will sit down and talk and make concessions, again he will be disappointed IMO.  This China situation is a very serious issue for Philippines.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, mogo51 said:

The discussions by others relating to the 'Island Chinese crisis' is very real.  If Duterte isolates Philippines in the current circumstances - he is asking for problems.  If he believes China will sit down and talk and make concessions, again he will be disappointed IMO.  This China situation is a very serious issue for Philippines.

The Philippines will lose the SCS Issue with China. It comes down to " if you cannot defend it, you will lose it"

No one will come to the aid of the Philippines. President Duterte is burning too many bridges with his big mouth. First, he insults the US Ambassador and more recently he threatens to pull the Philippines out of the UN. The US already said it is neutral on the issue. That leaves the Philippines and the other island countries to defend their stake in the SCS. 

Remember the Falkands. Just a stones throw from Agentina and they could not defend it. SOS just different countries involved.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Remember the Falkands. Just a stones throw from Agentina and they could not defend it. SOS just different countries involved.

Not sure you should use that as a parallel, The Islands are of British Sovereignty and are defended by the UK. As they were in 1982.

The PI is a Republic and therefore Protect themselves or should. If they cant well......What can I say to that.jpg 

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

The PI is a Republic and therefore Protect themselves or should. If they cant well......What can I say to that.jpg 

My point, exactly. I agree. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

President Duterte is burning too many bridges with his big mouth.

He is not making many Friends I have to Admit and his greatest enemy is himself, he just has not realized this yet.

6 years is a long enough time to do the Damage to ruin a Country he is seems so passionate about "reap what you sow" springs to mind, It is a well known Fact that I am a lover of the PI and it's people but I worry sometimes latley what it will hold for any of us ( especially the foreigner) if Mr President does not slow down and let some less important things be handled by those HE puts at the helm ( Not wanting to mix Topics but..) he seems to have won the hearts of his people as he puts it now it is time I feel to listen to them

JMHO :smile:

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

As a parent I have had the occasion to face a particularly sticky bandage. Tho option then is to slowly drag out the pain or just use one firm tug. It is also a choice to announce the tug is coming or not, sometimes it may be best (less traumatic and painful) as a surprise. I do not know the President or what he is thinking but he may be using this technique so he has more time to fix rather than wasting time removing problems slowly. 

• Like 3