Have any of you expats traveled out of the Philippines with your wife or SO?

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I have taken the gf to Singapore and Hong Kong. We tried for a visa to japan. The gf was denied, reason unknown. Our plans are to go to Thailand in September. The gf preferred Hong Kong, Myself Singapore.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

What month did you go?

July 2015.  She is ready for another trip, the bank is not ha ha

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Korea or Japan would be sure to have snow during winter. Perhaps easyer visa cheaper tickets too? 

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

Korea or Japan would be sure to have snow during winter. Perhaps easyer visa cheaper tickets too? 

I've been to Japan. Tokyo and up north to Sendai. Yes, northern Japan has snow. The problem would be in getting a visa for wife. The same with Korea. 

I guess she will have to wait.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 8/24/2016 at 9:59 AM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

We just got her new passport with her married name.

Did you go to Manila for her CFO? I am sure I read about it on other threads here but being three letters, CFO is too short for a search to give any results.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Did you go to Manila for her CFO? I am sure I read about it on other threads here but being three letters, CFO is too short for a search to give any results.

No, we went to Cebu. I avoid Manila like the plague.  The Cebu office is right near Mango. Easy to get to, and she had never been to Cebu before.  So we made a week of it :tiphat:

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Anne came to visit me in Australia for three months. I had a temp working visa there. She had a good job in PH, so the paperwork wasnt to bad. Australia is pretty hard with immigratsion. We werent married and didnt have a kid back then.

Now shes in Estonia with a 3 month schengen visa. Took us only two days via Norwegian embassy. Neither of us had a job, but we had a little boy together and plenty of savings between us. Not married.

Doing a small trip to SEA countries should be quite easy as most of them dont require a visa.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 2