Posted
Posted

Thanks, I will make a note of that.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, David B said:

So hurricane Hermine has just passed and there is flooding in our area. I'm about to drive home from work and I ask Ira (my Fili) to look at the street outside and tell me if it's flooded. She says no. There is much flooding on my way home and as I expected, my street is too. When I finally get home, using an alternate route, I took her outside, pointing down the street and said honey the street is flooded and you told me it wasn't. She looked at me confused and said that's not flooding, in the Philippines flooding is up here, putting her hand up by her neck. You gotta love them. -

Now, that's funny and true by her standards. It's a lot like me saying it's HOT here but not to the locals. 

• Like 2

David B
Posted
Posted

Here, near Tampa, we're having a really hot summer. I asked her how this compares to home, Iloilo, she says it's the same. She is deathly afraid of the thunderstorms because it reminds her of the typhoons. 

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, David B said:

Here, near Tampa, we're having a really hot summer. I asked her how this compares to home, Iloilo, she says it's the same. She is deathly afraid of the thunderstorms because it reminds her of the typhoons. 

My parents moved from California to Orlando when mom decided the earthquakes were a sign from God. She preferred the hurricanes to the fear of earthquakes. 

• Like 2

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

Hurricanes are much easier to deal with. You usually get 2-3 days warning with a Hurricane Vs an earthquake which happens unexpectedly.

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 9/3/2016 at 8:50 PM, David B said:

I'm down the coast in Naples and it's probably even worse here than Tampa. And my god is the weather hot since Hermine passed by. We haven't been getting the afternoon t-storms, so it's just the sun pounding down relentlessly and 90% humidity besides. 

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Reboot said:

I'm down the coast in Naples and it's probably even worse here than Tampa. And my god is the weather hot since Hermine passed by. We haven't been getting the afternoon t-storms, so it's just the sun pounding down relentlessly and 90% humidity besides. 

Ah!  So you're getting used to Filipino weather in advance..?  :mocking:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Reboot said:

It's the 90% humidity that gets you. It's very hot in so Calif but it cools down in the evenings and nights. 

• Like 2