INVERTER vs FROST FREE REF

intrepid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, robert k said:

or I might buy two as they are not expensive, one to freeze and one to use as a ref.

I like this idea and was thinking of this myself.  I just don't know if I could justify the extra capacity and expense of running two.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, intrepid said:

I like this idea and was thinking of this myself.  I just don't know if I could justify the extra capacity and expense of running two.

The freezer one won't be expensive, how often do you open that one? It's the chiller that will cost you. They appear to be more efficient than refs also if I recall.

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

In our freezer I always make and freeze those long plastic sleeves of ice to carry in a picnic cooler for when we pick up groceries that we need to keep cold on the long drive back from the city. I keep extra ones in the freezer all the time just in case there was to be a brownout it would contribute to keeping the freezer.ref colder longer.

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I mean shoulder of pork or something. :whistling:

I'll take it and make some bbq sandwiches we can serve at the party!

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

those long plastic sleeves

Ohhhhh! Is that what those are for.  I always thought it was good of them to carry Canadian sized con . . . . .  oh never mind :whistling:.  Wouldn't do to go off topic now.

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Ohhhhh! Is that what those are for.  I always thought it was good of them to carry Canadian sized con . . . . .  oh never mind :whistling:.  Wouldn't do to go off topic now.

Hmm......are those the Canadian size corn cobs?  Anywho, Judy uses those plastic tubes for freezing flavored ice popsicles and sells-gives them to the neighborhood kids for 50 centavos each.

The idea that Queenie suggested is a good one for keeping your portable cooler ice cold.  You can insert those plastic tubes in between San Magoo bottles.  Thank you Queenie!

I'm still waiting for a response regarding how to lock the damn door.  Is it safe to drill holes for a bracket latch with a padlock securing it?  Very important when you have house guests or unannounced visitors.

Hey.....I love my popsicles too, especially the Canadian size!

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Now we have thrown it off topic but sorry Dave, :mocking:

Australia comes just behind Africa as the average size there is greater than 14.7 centimetres (5.8 inches) and Mexico, Norway, Italy and Sweden are in the same category.

The UK, US, Germany and France are situated in the middle of the pact of the pack with the average size ranging between 12.9 (5 inches) and 14.7 centimetres (5.8 inches).

And Japan, Indonesia, Russia and Brazil are just above the Asian countries, with typical sizes measuring between 10.5 (4.1 inches) and 12.9 (5 inches) centimetres.  https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1638214/map-reveals-average-erect-penis-size-of-men-around-the-world-and-african-blokes-come-first/

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Double hmmm......perhaps that's my problem all along.  Next time I'm gonna stick my Canadian Filipino size tube into the freezer to get it solid like frozen ice cream.  Thank you Intrepid for the suggestion!

Apparently I'm below average -- It's only 4"...........in diameter.  

See -- I kept my topic relevant.....he, he.

Edited by Jake
temp check
  • Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Wow....I never knew what the facts were....that makes me feel like one of the wieners in life!

11267688-standard.jpg

• Like 3