Trouble free break ups.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

How have any of my fellow Ex Pats found their break ups go?

In the UK any break up I've had either party takes it on the chin but over here in the Philippines is a whole different matter.

I've only had one official partner and one stalker. The stalker took a liking to me when she was acting as my guide. When I rejected her she tracked my Facebook down and started giving some of my female Facebook friends serious grief. Bombarding with emails, phone calls and threats etc to them if they never left me alone. It took months to get rid of her and even after one year she got back in touch to apologize and see if we could start again. :Caught: The other one started annoying me with her jealousy to an extent that she had to go. She also tracked my Facebook down and started telling a random female all about our relationship and abusing her on her own Facebook.

In a way it's opened my eyes to the Filipino attitude to relationships and made me realize how important a meal ticket is to some of the women over here. They're perfectly rational when you are treating them but the minute their cash cow gets cut off stand by.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately that is a high percentage of the result I have found. I bail when I'm lied to about stuff that really doesn't matter because if they will lie about stuff that doesn't matter they will for sure lie to you when it does matter. 

I have experienced the stalking too, from someone I paid just to help me find a jeep and for whom I did nothing but good and with whom I never even shook hands with. It's just jealousy. I guess it comes with the territory. Just be aware.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

How have any of my fellow Ex Pats found their break ups go?

In the UK any break up I've had either party takes it on the chin but over here in the Philippines is a whole different matter.

I've only had one official partner and one stalker. The stalker took a liking to me when she was acting as my guide. When I rejected her she tracked my Facebook down and started giving some of my female Facebook friends serious grief. Bombarding with emails, phone calls and threats etc to them if they never left me alone. It took months to get rid of her and even after one year she got back in touch to apologize and see if we could start again. :Caught: The other one started annoying me with her jealousy to an extent that she had to go. She also tracked my Facebook down and started telling a random female all about our relationship and abusing her on her own Facebook.

In a way it's opened my eyes to the Filipino attitude to relationships and made me realize how important a meal ticket is to some of the women over here. They're perfectly rational when you are treating them but the minute their cash cow gets cut off stand by.

My partner wanted a gun in the house for security. But I refused her. She went on her own, using my money of course, and got herself a hand gun. She went to the police and got it registered. She went for small arms training but did not complete the course. She did not go to the firing range because the ammunition was too expensive.

I knew we were going to have a problem one way or another. I did not think she had ammunition in the house but I was not 100% sure. Gun was well hidden. I did not know where it was.

We had some issues I decided to get out of the house. As soon as I'm out she started calling me to come back making some excuse about needing to go somewhere by car. I did not go back, but of course I came back later. She was doing stuff on line but I ignored her. At the same time she was insanely jealous of my every move.

I came back home. She was in the other room. She came out with the gun in full firing position. 95% I know she's bluffing and 5% I was dam scared.

The break up was another story and I had a few more breakups earlier. None went smoothly. The only time things went even close to smooth was when I agreed to keep seeing the girl after the break up.

robert k
Posted
Posted

The worst for me was when a woman I was interested in claimed that my live out helper was my GF. That is a tough accusation to defend against because there are no witnesses.

In retrospect, I would have been better off just getting a long broom and sweeping my own floors, I was doing everything else anyway before I hired a helper. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, robert k said:

The worst for me was when a woman I was interested in claimed that my live out helper was my GF. That is a tough accusation to defend against because there are no witnesses.

My Granddad used to say if a man has problems whether it be Money or Emotions there is usually a Woman involved & Breakups are very rarely Trouble Free. "Hell, Hath no Fury" springs to mind :whistling:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

My Granddad used to say if a man has problems whether it be Money or Emotions there is usually a Woman involved & Breakups are very rarely Trouble Free. "Hell, Hath no Fury" springs to mind :whistling:

The woman who helped me track down a jeep to buy who later stalked me? She had a live in boyfriend at home to make miserable.

When she tried to make my life hell...could that be considered cheating on her live in?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, robert k said:

When she tried to make my life hell...could that be considered cheating on her live in

I tend to think my Wife would say it's normal, To her it is the way to earn money to keep the BF, Not something I would normally believe but.........................I been here a long time now. :shades:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, robert k said:

Unfortunately that is a high percentage of the result I have found. I bail when I'm lied to about stuff that really doesn't matter because if they will lie about stuff that doesn't matter they will for sure lie to you when it does matter. 

I have experienced the stalking too, from someone I paid just to help me find a jeep and for whom I did nothing but good and with whom I never even shook hands with. It's just jealousy. I guess it comes with the territory. Just be aware.

Find it interesting the word lies are used. This word I do not use if possible as does not normally fit into the local vocabulary, its just normal. We understand the word how ever most locals of both sexes do not.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, RBM said:

Find it interesting the word lies are used. This word I do not use if possible as does not normally fit into the local vocabulary, its just normal. We understand the word how ever most locals of both sexes do not.

Good topic for another thread.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I tend to think my Wife would say it's normal, To her it is the way to earn money to keep the BF, Not something I would normally believe but.........................I been here a long time now. :shades:

I have seen it first hand where a girl or man has an expat friend (who is in the dark) and she or he  is supporting her local boy/girlfriend who does not mind.As for breakups being stress free in the Uk well somebody forgot to tell my ex that one.

• Like 3