Accomodation in Cebu required

Adrian Walker
Posted
Posted

Hi Adrian here from Australia. newly arrived in Cebu and having endless problems dealing with real estate brokers as i search for long term accommodation .  any assistance would be most welcome.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Adrian Walker
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Rental initially

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Can you tell us your budget and we can give some suggestions.

Adrian Walker
Posted
Posted

15k per month is comfortable. my preference would be a furnished house in the province

RBM
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Adrian Walker said:

15k per month is comfortable. my preference would be a furnished house in the province

Spend some time reseaching posts here, lots of valuable info about the pluses and negs of living in the province. Also info on leases which I would advise you to study well.

robert k
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Adrian Walker said:

I would find an area I want to live and hit eateries, local watering holes, water stations, grab a trike driver for the day and go find something. Get the jungle drums working for you.

• Like 1

Adrian Walker
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Spend some time reseaching posts here, lots of valuable info about the pluses and negs of living in the province. Also info on leases which I would advise you to study well.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My response, as always with this question, is boots on the ground.  Hit the coffee shops and make friends with other foreigners.  They often know a good deal that they would only tell a friend about.  Good deals never make it to the online community.  Good deals happen when a foreigner has a friend with a place or has a vacant spot beside him and he wants someone nice moving in.  Happens all the time in the province.  With certain exceptions. the locals and the brokers will assume you are rich and want the nicest (most expensive) house in the community.

Remember, this is for Cebu province living.  The people renting houses and condos in Cebu city are much more aware that they can get big money for their rental units.

• Like 1

Adrian Walker
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the tips all. shall proceed to follow up