ATM short change

Nephi
Posted
Posted

Where computers are involved anything is possible. I use ATM's multipal times per month here and have never had a problem. Seems more than likely that new bills stuck togather and you handed more to the girl at Jollibee OR some slipped out on the floor. Makes ya wonder though especially when it's that much missing..

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

One of the problems I have with my aging eyesight is mistaking those 1,000s for 100s.  They spend real fast when you do that.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

One of the problems I have with my aging eyesight is mistaking those 1,000s for 100s.  They spend real fast when you do that.

That is true but for me it's the other way, sir, this is only 100 peso,, oh . Happened a few times.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Well I guess what could of happened and It has happened with me, is if they are new notes they can stick together......just a thought.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I admit to doing that during my last visit. Sucks when that happens.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Always count the money at the ATM and most definately at money changers.  I count with the clerk at the changers, then when I get it, before I move away, I count it again.

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I was aware of the aging eyes making it difficult to see print, I arrange my bills so the largest font of the numbers is what I see. I was not aware my next problem is forgetting the difference between purple (p100s) and blue (p1,000s)!!! :hystery:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I was not aware my next problem is forgetting the difference between purple (p100s) and blue (p1,000s)

It is particularly hard in dim light when leaving a 'tip' on your way out. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

I was aware of the aging eyes making it difficult to see print, I arrange my bills so the largest font of the numbers is what I see. I was not aware my next problem is forgetting the difference between purple (p100s) and blue (p1,000s)!!! :hystery:

Not only aging eyes. I have noticed when I hire a car the driver usually states in English the amount tendered when buying fuel or paying road tolls. "I you give you one thousand pesos" and "I get one hundred pesos."

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 11/4/2016 at 7:48 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have had the money slot on the ATM close faster than I could get the money out and had to call the guard to help get my cash out.  Could you have left some in there when the slot closed|?

Same issue Dave cost me P3000 just closed so fast. Complained filled out forms but nothing, put it down to experience.