SRRV

William Layton
Posted
Posted (edited)

hello this is my first time here,I have two non bias questions first, criminal clearance from NBI in Cebu city,the whole truth is in 1992 I got convicted of 2nd degree atempted murder,it was self defense but I had to do a whole 36 month,will this stop my SRRV application,second I relize I have to put 10,000$ in deposit, ok with this,my question is,how difficult is it to get my monye back if I decide to ever leave thank you kindly

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed email

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, William Layton said:

how difficult is it to get my monye back if I decide to ever leave thank you kindly

A fellow on another forum reported that he was back in the USA permanently and tried very hard to get his SRRV deposit back.  He said they threw up so many hurdles that it is impossible for him or his eventual heirs to get that money back.

I'd say:  Maybe you can get it back but don't depend on it.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, William Layton said:

criminal clearance from NBI in Cebu city,

I believe it will only show any Philippines convictions but I thought for SRRV you would need a check from your own country.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, William Layton said:

hello this is my first time here,I have two non bias questions first, criminal clearance from NBI in Cebu city,the whole truth is in 1992 I got convicted of 2nd degree atempted murder,it was self defense but I had to do a whole 36 month,will this stop my SRRV application,second I relize I have to put 10,000$ in deposit, ok with this,my question is,how difficult is it to get my monye back if I decide to ever leave thank you kindly

I would like to know how you have my email address. I have received an email from you but I will not reply as I don`t know you,and i would would really like to know how you have my email FFS

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I would like to know how you have my email address

It seems to be publicly available on your profile here but I'm not sure if only I can see it due to being an admin.  I will contact you and JGF by PM

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It seems to be publicly available on your profile here but I'm not sure if only I can see it due to being an admin.  I will contact you and JGF by PM

Guys

If members fill out the fields in their profile it will be seen. The system does not show Email address unless member place them in the contact field which is public.  You look at your own Dave and you will see you have not placed an Email address in your profile. 

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, William Layton said:

Was the criminal conviction in the United States? Do you have a US passport? There is a law prohibiting the issuance of US passports to certain types of felons. For example, drug trafficking. SRRV requires an FBI clearance. Philippines might not approve your application because of the conviction in your record.

Your country of birth is listed as Philippines. You may be able to enter and reside as a former Philippine national or because of where you were born. This avoids the need to make a $10,000 deposit. You will need to consult with a Philippine immigration lawyer at some point. First thing is exit documents such as a US passport. 

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I looked at SRRV Visa but I do not believe it is really good value.  From memory beside the 10kUS deposit, you have to pay more than $300US per annum, can't see that being such a bargain.

It is a shame they have made it so expensive, a more reasonable fee and lower annual fee would see many more retirees heading Philippine's way and helping the economy IMO.

Whilst I have no knowledge of what is or isn't allowable so far as criminal convictions go, the charge is very serious whatever the circumstances, as you were obviously convicted of the offence.  

As suggested on the forum, do some inquiries with Philippine authorities before going up SRRV road.  If you get turned around at the airport, then you have your answer.

William Layton
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I would like to know how you have my email address. I have received an email from you but I will not reply as I don`t know you,and i would would really like to know how you have my email FFS

I got your email from a expats quotes,I think sorry to trouble you,I'm just trying to find info on life here.have a good day

William Layton
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Was the criminal conviction in the United States? Do you have a US passport? There is a law prohibiting the issuance of US passports to certain types of felons. For example, drug trafficking. SRRV requires an FBI clearance. Philippines might not approve your application because of the conviction in your record.

Your country of birth is listed as Philippines. You may be able to enter and reside as a former Philippine national or because of where you were born. This avoids the need to make a $10,000 deposit. You will need to consult with a Philippine immigration lawyer at some point. First thing is exit documents such as a US passport. 

Good moring I tryed to Change  my citizenship I'm from USA, I got a pardon from the state for conviction,I allso was a merchant marien,with a TWIC card witch takes a sercuerity clearence,I'm hopeing for the best I want to start small bissness here and start my life