Seeking owner

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

How do you find out who owns a property or building in Cebu ? 

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How do you find out who owns a property or building in Cebu ? 

Seriously, ask next door, it usually works most times. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Probably better than checking not up to date land records.

• Like 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

What a wonderful idea!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Happyhorn52 said:

What a wonderful idea!

Yep but they wont tell in fear of competition. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

JGF - I am assuming this property is in Cebu City?  If yes, you might give these folks a try.  If you have people you trust in Cebu City you can have them do the preliminary research.

Cebu City Registry of Deeds

Address: Fernan Hall of Justice, Capitol Compound, Escario Street, Cebu City, Cebu
Phone:(032) 253 4450
  • Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It is rare that a neighbor will ever tell you the true owner of a property, at least in my experience.  I have come to realize it is because they either do not know (and do not want to admit that) or because they do not want to be cut out of any commission should the place be sold or leased (they will contact the owner for you but never give out the true info) or because they do not want to see the place leased or sold (perhaps they are using the land themselves because no one else is using it).

I would guess using registry of deeds is a great place to start and then contact the person listed as the owner.  It would be most interesting to find out who is paying the taxes on the property but I do not know if that info is publicly available.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This is in regards to that hot realtor with a jealous unbalanced husband? :popcorn:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is rare that a neighbor will ever tell you the true owner of a property, at least in my experience.  I have come to realize it is because they either do not know (and do not want to admit that) or because they do not want to be cut out of any commission should the place be sold or leased (they will contact the owner for you but never give out the true info) or because they do not want to see the place leased or sold (perhaps they are using the land themselves because no one else is using it).

I would guess using registry of deeds is a great place to start and then contact the person listed as the owner.  It would be most interesting to find out who is paying the taxes on the property but I do not know if that info is publicly available.

You should be able to find out who pays the taxes at the BIR. We were able to find out the info we needed there.You could even go to a lawyer and ask him to do a search or just go to the BIR and land registry yourself.Be prepared for a long wait as they aint the fastest people on the block.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

A real estate question?... whew... I thought I had gone to the wrong site and when I saw the Seeking Owner and thought it was a sub looking for a owner! :hystery:

• Like 1