Gardening Question For Queenie

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 1/30/2017 at 1:34 AM, banyanman said:

I will be interested to know how you go with your frog grass

Our frog grass is doing well in most places.  We have a guy who comes over twice a week to work in the yard, so we are able to keep the weeds out so far.  I took some pictures this morning after I watered.  You can see in some of the shots that the rest of the yard is dry as a bone.  We water the frog grass twice a day on most days.  Yesterday we had the first rain this year, but it was just enough to wet the ground thoroughly.

This top tier of frog grass is the best and seems to get the perfect amount of sun.

DSCN3415-001.JPG

DSCN3416-001.JPG

We took out a medium sized evergreen in the middle here.  The plan is to build a small retaining wall and level this up.  Might consider frog grass here.  Those wall and sidewalks used to be ugly green/brown but my power washer did the job!

DSCN3417-001.JPG

The garden area grass is nice but not as thick as the terraces.  It gets walked on a lot while the terraces never get walked on.

DSCN3418-001.JPG

I killed some of the grass in the foot path.  I carelessly put too much fertilizer and burned some spots.  We replaced them and all is well now.

DSCN3419-001.JPG

DSCN3420-001.JPG

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Have to say it looks great 

• Like 2