It happened in 1970

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Gratefuled said:

Do I have to agree with everything posted here?  

Nope! no one said you should

1 minute ago, Gratefuled said:

I am opinionated. I like to express my opinion on topics of interest. 

There has been NO Interest from you in this Topic just Pissing on someone else's Parade with nothing but Sarcasm 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I just like to comment on things that I disagree with. 

Good thing, or else there would be nothing for you to comment on. :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

OK time to either get back on topic or say nothing. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
On 01/23/2017 at 8:44 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Just because I was  at home  puppy sitting I thought Lets see what happened in a year gone Bye, I chose 1970 at random but it was strange the memories it brought Back, There were  things happening other than outright war and carnage so have a look at the link and see what you remember,

Of course some things led to problems as they do Today, So bad news is not something new but a lot of things that happened in 1970,had a bearing on 2017 :whistling:

http://www.onthisday.com/date/1970

Just had a look at the entry for 25th Jan 1970: Premiere of the film M*A*S*H. Ah yes I remember it well....

• Like 4

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, not so old china hand said:

Ah yes I remember it well....

The duet from Gigi sung by Maurice Chevalier and Hermione Gingold in the 1958 film.

I remember that from when it made it to the Midnight Movie on TV.

Edited by not so old china hand
  • Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 1/25/2017 at 4:09 PM, mogo51 said:

As I said previously, it is a great website that Jack brought to our attention. It opened some good discussion and input from members, that is what this forum is about. But also respect to fellow members.

1970 was a key year for me. Graduated high school, entered college, meaning it was the first time I lived away from home, protested the war, celebrated the 1st Earth Day, smoked my 1st pot (I was in college after all), struck out with a few girls (that continued for awhile), had an a-hole roommate. There are times it seems a lifetime away and other times it seems like yesterday. It was both a good year and a confusing one, as well.

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I wasn't even an itch in my father's pants in 1970.

1970...by then the Boomer generation were well on their way to wrecking and squandering everything. Ah well, Western Civ had a good run.