Dumaguete expats in the news again

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jpbago said:

Likely it was a long fuse that had been burning for a long time then finally went :boom:

If it's who I suspect it is, I only knew the man by his nickname, (age, nationality, place of residence all match) it was an everyday occurrence and only this episode rose above the background noise.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, robert k said:

If it's who I suspect it is, I only knew the man by his nickname, (age, nationality, place of residence all match) it was an everyday occurrence and only this episode rose above the background noise.

He finally met his Pacquiao?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Knowing the attitude and driving habits of many locals I am not surprised. 

There is a time when we must do the 10 count and calm down.

A friend of mine was hit off of his motor bike and when he confronted the man who did he was told EEF off you are a foreigner and I don`t care. I had my mirror hit whilst a local was parking I said hey and he ignored me,but I had the last laugh as my mirror had just  turned a bit, but he had a nice scratch down the side of his car which was his fault.Stupid thing was he had about 15 feet the other side he could have used just too lazy to do it.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

A friend of mine was hit off of his motor bike and when he confronted the man who did he was told EEF off you are a foreigner and I don`t care. I had my mirror hit whilst a local was parking I said hey and he ignored me,but I had the last laugh as my mirror had just  turned a bit, but he had a nice scratch down the side of his car which was his fault.Stupid thing was he had about 15 feet the other side he could have used just too lazy to do it.

Mogo, you better hurry to get here as it seems like the Thai attitude to foreigners is happening.

I can understand as say if you are a young Filipino with a low paying job living with mom and her clan of 20 and are unable to find a pretty Filipina yet you see these pretty young Filipinas riding around in new SUVs with old fat ugly foreigners and going to sit down restos with a door. It must make them envious and jealous unless you are helping his family. Once a Filipina has been spoiled by a foreigner, not likely she will accept a Filipino. By spoiled, I mean having been given gifts like shoes and gold, a house and eating out, not ravaged by the foreigner. Well....maybe that too.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I know Dumaguete has a large population of expats but so does Cebu but it just seems they are in the news more than most places

The Visayan news has to fill the Negros Or section with something so they insert these petty crimes that you would not see in the Cebu or Manila Sun. Last month, they reported of a British man arrested for shoplifting. The Cebu and Manila paper have plenty of estafa and politics to fill their papers otherwise it would be as thick as the New York Saturday Times.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, jpbago said:

The Visayan news has to fill the Negros Or section with something so they insert these petty crimes that you would not see in the Cebu or Manila Sun. Last month, they reported of a British man arrested for shoplifting. The Cebu and Manila paper have plenty of estafa and politics to fill their papers otherwise it would be as thick as the New York Saturday Times.

And how many locals are caught committing petty crimes? They never make front page news, yet the jails are full of them. But if a white guy farts too loud in public and offends the wrong influencial person -  national headlines!

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gator said:

if a white guy farts too loud in public and offends the wrong influencial person -  national headlines!

Good thing I don't do that in public.  I think guys who do that should be shot :popcorn:

• Like 4