ANYONE RECOMMEND AN INSURANCE COMPANY

intrepid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

For newcomers or those that maybe don't Understand the inner workings of Philhealth it really isn't an Insurance company per-say. It is a Government Initiated Discount Scheme for In patients (Those patients with Hospital stay of a period set by the hospital) When your Bill is ready for Paying in Full (they normally ask a Down payment) The Administration and Phil health agree a Payment from Philhealth and the balance, you pay. Now all this can be Argued with the cash office as they are/should be willing to negotiate a better figure from Philhealth when you have sat and Scrutinized the account (Odd how things can Creep in unnoticed at times [ever taken a kiddy shopping] :huh:)

The only thing you wont get help with is the Doctor, they have to be paid in cash.

Here endeth the lesson :whistling:

Jack :smile:

Morning All:morning1:

Very good explanation Jack. :thumbsup:

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Must have lost the last bit of the sentence Jack quoted.  I know PhilHealth only covers for patient hospital stays, about 25% I think is the quoted figure?  But better than nothing.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Must have lost the last bit of the sentence Jack quoted.

:89: No sure what you mean Ron, I never actually Quoted anything I was merely pointing out that out is a Discount Card Really and the more your account is the more they will pay. Sometimes they will quote a figure before settlement but it is an each case equation. 

Having said that it is a good thing to have :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, jpbago said:

This is what happens if you cannot pay upfront or do not have PhilHealth:

http://www.panaynews.net/risa-seeks-probe-on-pregnant-woman-snubbed-by-2-hospitals/

What link dont work  :whistling:

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

I was under the impression that they paid about 50%.  If you have no insurance or cash for the deposit you don't get in.  If you die on their steps without a SO who pays for the funeral?

:89:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

I was under the impression that they paid about 50%.  If you have no insurance or cash for the deposit you don't get in.  If you die on their steps without a SO who pays for the funeral?

:89:

I don`t know who would pay for the funeral maybe they would do a pauper`s burial.

As for Philhealth the last time we used them they paid about 40% of the bill their share was approx 14000 and we paid the rest.A few years ago we used them and they paid 100%. Philhealth is 2400 per year so just looking at what they paid last time, nearly six years premium.So in my opinion it is well worth it,as Jack said it also helps to keep the hospital billing team in check on overcharging.

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: No sure what you mean Ron, I never actually Quoted anything I was merely pointing out that out is a Discount Card Really and the more your account is the more they will pay. Sometimes they will quote a figure before settlement but it is an each case equation. 

Having said that it is a good thing to have :thumbsup:

No I meant off my post Jack, not yours.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

No I meant off my post Jack, not yours.

confused-man.png :hystery: Confused or What?

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What link dont work  :whistling:

I tried to copy/paste the article but it gave me the 404 error. It was in yesterday's Panay News about a 22 year old lady had to give birth in a taxi as the first public hospital had no incubator for a preemy and the second hospital needed money before admitting her.

4 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

If you have no insurance or cash for the deposit you don't get in.  If you die on their steps without a SO who pays for the funeral?

Stay in the taxi.

• Like 3