Cheapest Throw Away Ticket?

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I guess you are more likely to be asked if it does come up on the computer in front of them.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jpbago said:

On April 5, I bought an onward Manila to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia for Dec 30 from Cebu Pacific for P1699 total.

AlwaysRT, were you asked to show your onward ticket at check in St Louis and at immigration T1 Manila?

I was not asked by anyone this time. St Louis probably did not because I had a layover in Chicago, Chicago did not probably because they normally do at check in but I arrived just a few gates away so just walked gate to gate since my bags were checked through to Manila.

This was unusual as I am normally asked at check in at every other airport I have flown to Philippines from.

5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

There will be a day when it is asked for and I have to my expense had the reply, No sir we need to see the Ticket proper not some printout itinerary :whistling:

I had booking number, confirmation number, ticket number, itinerary, and paid receipt showing how much I paid from Expedia. Has always been accepted before. The only thing I did not have was a boarding pass, way way too early for that.

edit - for clarity, my onward ticket cost of $0 = $215 for ticket - $215 after cancellation. I purchased a real ticket from expedia on my credit card, then canceled it for a full refund. 

Edited by AlwaysRt
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I had booking number, confirmation number, ticket number, itinerary, and paid receipt showing how much I paid from Expedia.

Yes I understand this BUT if they had done their Job properly? and gone into the Computer they would have seen it had all been cancelled.

It happened to another member here and was caught out by the computer. Damned if they do and Damned if they don't (Do the Job properly )

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes I understand this BUT if they had done their Job properly? and gone into the Computer they would have seen it had all been cancelled.

It happened to another member here and was caught out by the computer. Damned if they do and Damned if they don't (Do the Job properly )

I was willing to first say must be computer error, if that didn't work do the same again. Buy ticket from Expedia right there in NAIA, show the website and email the ticket was purchased. Go home and cancel again.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Go home and cancel again.

All well and Good, NOW, what are you going to do if at your very first extension you are asked about your onward Ticket? The BI can and do ask this question from time to time.

We will soon be in the realms of just how long does a 9a Visa Holder have to have this Onward Ticket considering we can be here for up to 3 years on a 9a Tourist visa. According to the Law a 9a Tourist Visa requires and Onward Ticket. When the BI finally gets it's act Totally? together, I am of the Opinion that this issue will be addressed in Full and Checks will be made at extension Time

JMHO :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

NOW, what are you going to do if at your very first extension you are asked about your onward Ticket? The BI can and do ask this question from time to time.

Then he's gonna do it again :hystery:  You are nit-picking here, my friend.  He is onto a good system that works for him.  Too much trouble for me but if you really want to do it right you would do as Steve did while at the airport, waiting to board your flight.  Get the ticket printed (must be someone who will print it for you, maybe even the airline check in desk).

So now you have 24 hours to board the plane, get to Philippines, go through immigration, ask for the first extension at the airport, and then cancel the ticket.  Easy Peasy.  But for me, I like to have the throw away ticket.  Who know,  I may just use it.  But I only like my way better when I can get a ticket for US$25 or less.  At more than that I start to like Steve's (AlwaysRT) way.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You are nit-picking here, my friend.

:whistling:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

We will soon be in the realms of just how long does a 9a Visa Holder have to have this Onward Ticket considering we can be here for up to 3 years on a 9a Tourist visa. According to the Law a 9a Tourist Visa requires and Onward Ticket. When the BI finally gets it's act Totally? together, I am of the Opinion that this issue will be addressed in Full and Checks will be made at extension Time

I have yet to find an airline to or travel agency to quote a price, let alone sell a ticket more that a year out.  What will the happen then?  Maybe BI will require airlines to sell high $$$$ tickets when more than a year away from initial travel.:89:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, intrepid said:

I have yet to find an airline to or travel agency to quote a price, let alone sell a ticket more that a year out. 

They wont and the BI is aware of that in a conversation I had one time.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, intrepid said:

I have yet to find an airline to or travel agency to quote a price, let alone sell a ticket more that a year out.

But you cannot get a tourist visa for longer than 6 months at a time so the BI is in their rights to ask for an exit ticket, but they don't until you are getting close to the maximum 3 years.  Then if you go to get a tourist visa renewal that takes you up to the end of 3 years they will not renew until they see your exit ticket, or in my case I showed them a pic of the ticket on my phone.  Your mileage will vary on that one. 

• Like 1