Dumaguete to Cebu Ferry and Bus - Safe?

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

I might do that trip when my daughter is a little older.Last time I went to cebu I wanted to fly back to give them their first flight. It didn`t happen as my wife forgot her ID,now seeing as she missed out she carries ID everywhere we go.Is the 320 per person?

Yes thats P320 per person on the open deck. Its P600 per person for the air conditioned deck.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Is that really runing as when we looked last time went from Ormoc to Dumaguete all the routes were still online but hadn't run for a while so we took the bus from Cebu.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

Is that really runing

Yes.  Took it 3 weeks ago.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Ah is that the old tramp steamer that travels overnight. Used it about 20 years ago before the ocean jet started running. I think what stopped is the connected ocean jet service which used to stop in Tagbrilaran on the way. You can still travel Dumaguete-Tagbrilaran and Tagbrilaran-Cebu but there is a long stop between sailings.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

In answer to the title question? It's likely safer than taking the RORO and driving.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Wish there were flights from CEB to Dumaguete City. 

Will you be bringing lots of baggage? If not there are some cool things to stop and see on the way. Get off one bus see the sites then board another.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Wish there were flights from CEB to Dumaguete City. 

Will you be bringing lots of baggage? If not there are some cool things to stop and see on the way. Get off one bus see the sites then board another.

There are. About $70-$76 USD RT in the search I just made. The thing is, if I were not specifically wanting to go to Mactan and the time consumed by dealing with an airport at each end for a 40 minute flight? I think many people would tell you the ferry and bus isn't that much longer and is cheaper.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, robert k said:

I think many people would tell you the ferry and bus isn't that much longer and is cheaper.

Yes.  You are correct, unless you get EXTREMELY lucky.  One time when I was flying from Dumaguete to Cebu they cancelled the flight on me right after checking in.  I was in the waiting room when I heard the P.A. announcement that the flight was cancelled.  Within an hour they had us (all passengers) on a private van to Cebu for free and ticket price refunded.  Got to downtown Cebu quicker and cheaper than ever before :hystery:

But usually it takes as long to get to downtown Cebu by plane as it does by ferry/bus.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

There are. About $70-$76 USD RT in the search I just made. The thing is, if I were not specifically wanting to go to Mactan and the time consumed by dealing with an airport at each end for a 40 minute flight? I think many people would tell you the ferry and bus isn't that much longer and is cheaper.

Good to know thanks, what airline was that? I searched in March and found I had to first fly to MNL from CEB.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Good to know thanks, what airline was that?

Cebu Pacific But I think it is only Once a Day each Way

• Like 3