Money and the family

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

I Presume the siblings are already co-tenants having inherited from mom? If they weren't I'd say buy Dad out now!

The family plot is not somewhere I would live permanent, and with having no children between me and Emma there is no one to leave it too, 

So why should I buy the whole lot to give to the family.

Best bet is to stay as we are , anything happens to the father Emma will get 20% , but here is another problem, who is going to pay any taxes that wants paying.

Cash is king in my eyes ,it's all mine and Emma's, and no one is getting anything while I am alive ,now once I have gone they will pester her all her life I am sure off till they get everything, 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The deeper you try to work things out the harder they seem to be.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, stevewool said:

The deeper you try to work things out the harder they seem to be.

thumbs-up-homer.png never a truer word spoken

7 minutes ago, stevewool said:

why should I buy the whole lot to give to the family.

You wouldn't,  would you, it would be "Ems" and Ems alone  "Dad" could just live there and tend it

Anyway mate you can see we are all trying to get some sense into perspective to Save your cash

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

never a truer word spoken

Anyway mate you can see we are all trying to get some sense into perspective to Save your cash

In other words keep that lock and chain on your wallet :hystery:

Renting makes more sense now after this thread....JB

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, stevewool said:

The family plot is not somewhere I would live permanent, and with having no children between me and Emma there is no one to leave it too, 

So why should I buy the whole lot to give to the family.

Best bet is to stay as we are , anything happens to the father Emma will get 20% , but here is another problem, who is going to pay any taxes that wants paying.

Cash is king in my eyes ,it's all mine and Emma's, and no one is getting anything while I am alive ,now once I have gone they will pester her all her life I am sure off till they get everything, 

If the siblings were NOT co-tenants already you could buy it from Dad and when he passes and you sell it who would get the proceeds? You and Emma. Crazy talk! I do that sometimes.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

If the siblings were NOT co-tenants already you could buy it from Dad and when he passes and you sell it who would get the proceeds? You and Emma. Crazy talk! I do that sometimes.

The problem would be getting Emma to buy out the family, it goes against the grain.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

thumbs-up-homer.png never a truer word spoken

You wouldn't,  would you, it would be "Ems" and Ems alone  "Dad" could just live there and tend it

As always jack, the answers from yourself and others are greatly appreciated.

It's a pleasure to part of a community that helps others in what they are asking even if it's not what they want to hear sometimes.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Another problem that will arise one day is the brother who I mention when talking about the house.

The brother lives in the house with the father, he is ok but has a few problems and gas to take medication.

Before I came onto the scene he was allowed to stay in the house as long as he behaves himself and so far so good.

He does not work and his dad looks after him , and if was to have the house as ours, we too would look after him as well as the father, then everyone is happy as Steve is looking after there responsibility.

So if we are not there to do all this well then it's down to the others.

Anyway lots of talking and lots of listening before we are there, plus it may help others along the way what crap we have to go though first.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If Emma were to buy outright from Dad would that honestly change anything?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Old55 said:

If Emma were to buy outright from Dad would that honestly change anything?

Of Course Kev, they would own it and the Only thing Dad would have, is the money for the sale and Emma would get 20% of that as well.

• Like 1