Trip to the dentist

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, jpbago said:
   5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Scratching Head.jpg Expensive?

Free,I paid into it while working but nothing now that I am retired.

Ah so it was not really Free, you paid for it PAYE (Pay as you Earn) Good they Honour the benefits may would not after Retirement:smile:

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 6/1/2017 at 8:21 AM, Queenie O. said:

Also I wondered too if the imaging place provided you with a protective lead vest when taking these full mouth x-rays

The only purpose of the lead vest is to reassure the patient.  The x-ray beams are tightly focused so only the area being x-ray'd gets the beam of radiation. FYI, I worked in health physics and radiation protection for many years. It would have to be some ancient equipment to be at risk of any general unfocused radiation exposure.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, earthdome said:

It would have to be some ancient equipment

For a while now, my Philippine dentist has been telling me that she needs to get rid of her ancient X-Ray machine and get some modern equipment.  She says it gets tiresome waiting 5 minutes for the X-Ray to develop.  Does that qualify?

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

My dentist uses a pencil camera that projects to a pc screen to show me what he is referring to. He also projects the xrays to the pc screen to show me what he sees.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:
24 minutes ago, earthdome said:

It would have to be some ancient equipment

For a while now, my Philippine dentist has been telling me that she needs to get rid of her ancient X-Ray machine and get some modern equipment.  She says it gets tiresome waiting 5 minutes for the X-Ray to develop.  Does that qualify?

Ancient like almost as old as you Dave. ;)

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Ancient like almost as old as you Dave. ;)

He said ancient not Neolithic.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Do they do dental insurance plans here in the Philippines.Does anyone  have one and are they good plans.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Do they do dental insurance plans here in the Philippines.Does anyone  have one and are they good plans.

Yes, I plan to go to the dentist and it is good when it is over.... Oh, you meant something else.... I get so confused all the time.... :Caught::SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Yes, I plan to go to the dentist and it is good when it is over.... Oh, you meant something else.... I get so confused all the time.... :Caught::SugarwareZ-005:

Is all that fresh air in Valencia going to your head mate.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I remember watching my toes wiggle when I got my Buster Browns for school.

Salesman died of cancer....as did that Currie broad.

When I looked down Buster was looking a bit green and that mutt Tie was bleeding at the gums.

X-rays are completely save if you're the one taking them from behind the barrier.

Government told me it was fine when I worked on the HI-Power radar. Just had to go up in the antenna each week and sweep out the dead birds.

Police have gone sterile from holding their speed guns in their laps between shots.

• Like 3