Went Golfing Today

chimellie
Posted
Posted

It was cold and windy, but sunny. I shot 42 for 9 holes in Ellington, CT.

post-46-1224448505_thumb.jpg

post-46-1224448545_thumb.jpg

post-46-1224448766_thumb.jpg

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Now I have to ask Chi .... how hard is it to shoot a hole ...... I mean the hole can't move and you can sneak up real close before shooting it ....... what I ask is the sport in that ....... did you clean and cook the holes after shooting them??????Ohhhhhhhhhh wait I see what you were after ........... it was those great big ducks in the first picture ....... you were trying to steal their eggs ....... Chi ....... Canadian geese eggs don't qualify as balut ......... but nice try ...... :welcome: :welcome: But I do miss the beautiful changing of the leaves ....... just not the cold ....... beautiful shots

twostrokes
Posted
Posted

Nice pics, and from my standpoint, nice score....I play, but never been very good.. I feel great everytime I break 100. Seems if I do good on front nine, I fall apart a couple times on the back nine, or vice versa...Just can't seem to get it together. Or if I am driving well, can't put, or putting well, can't chip...you get my drift...In preparing for retirement though, I decided to buy myself some decent clubs instead of the Walmart special's I have been using. So I bought myself some Pings last week. Waiting for them to arrive.....Don't know if it will do anything to my scores,but I hope so.Jim

chimellie
Posted
Posted
Now I have to ask Chi .... how hard is it to shoot a hole ...... I mean the hole can't move and you can sneak up real close before shooting it ....... what I ask is the sport in that ....... did you clean and cook the holes after shooting them??????Ohhhhhhhhhh wait I see what you were after ........... it was those great big ducks in the first picture ....... you were trying to steal their eggs ....... Chi ....... Canadian geese eggs don't qualify as balut ......... but nice try ...... :welcome: :welcome: But I do miss the beautiful changing of the leaves ....... just not the cold ....... beautiful shots
Those geese were really mean, you can't go near them because they protect their kids. They were chasing my brother inlaw away when he went near them.I guess I have to wait till next year for balut SugarwareZ-047.gif

chimellie
Posted
Posted
Nice pics, and from my standpoint, nice score....I play, but never been very good.. I feel great everytime I break 100. Seems if I do good on front nine, I fall apart a couple times on the back nine, or vice versa...Just can't seem to get it together. Or if I am driving well, can't put, or putting well, can't chip...you get my drift...In preparing for retirement though, I decided to buy myself some decent clubs instead of the Walmart special's I have been using. So I bought myself some Pings last week. Waiting for them to arrive.....Don't know if it will do anything to my scores,but I hope so.Jim
The day when you can get everything together that when you have a really good score, it doesn't happen enough for me, but yesterday I was doing good, normally I shoot about 45-50 for 9 holes. I bought a Ping G10 driver about a month ago, best driver I ever had. If we are in Cebu at the same time would you like to play ? I am going next year but not sure what month.

On-in-2
Posted
Posted
I didn't take any pictures, but I shot a 94 on Saturday on a beautiful fall day in Amherst, New Hampshire. Pete

chimellie
Posted
Posted
I didn't take any pictures, but I shot a 94 on Saturday on a beautiful fall day in Amherst, New Hampshire. Pete
You are not that far from me, maybe 2 hour drive ? I've heard they have great courses in NH, someday I would like to play up there.

broden
Posted
Posted
how did ya do when ya went back sunday for the second hole? :welcome:

paul
Posted
Posted

Hey Chi ....I have a question. What is this ... this .... cold you speak of? Can you describe it for me? :welcome:

On-in-2
Posted
Posted
You are not that far from me, maybe 2 hour drive ? I've heard they have great courses in NH, someday I would like to play up there.
I really love the game and am always ready to go out, as long as it's in the 40s and not raining or snowing. I'll PM you my phone number. If you make it up this way, the fall is a great time for golf here in NH. You're right, there's quite a few really nice courses not far across the border from Mass.Pete