Learning from each other

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, stevewool said:

We all have one life and it is good if you can live that life and fulfill all your dreams and desires, but this takes time and hard earned cash too, plus some luck thrown in does not go amiss.

A friend has just been round ( the one who moved to Spain ) and he has been telling me the ins and outs of the past few months of living in Spain, the pit falls and what he thought he may need to what he knows he needs now.

It has opened my eyes if Spain or France in on my list of places to move for a few months or so and also making the final move to the Philippines.

The first person who made the trip to anywhere different must have made so many mistakes or not when looking back over his life but if those same people can give a little advice about what not to do or where to go and so on does make a difference to those who follow.

Yes there must be a few who wants no advice at all and again we dont have to follow the advice too, but i welcome every bit of good advice from all.

Have i any advice for others who are following me, well yes SAVE SAVE SAVE , SAVE as much as you can hopefully it will come in handy later on in life

I can tell you where to go haha.Steve most of us have learned off of people we meet on forums like this or people we meet in person. There is no shame in asking for advice that is how we all learn. I can see Europe becoming very unfriendly( for want of a better word) towards brits after the exit occurs.

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Old55 said:

So last week I buy a muscle car. Makes perfect sense right?:thumbsup::hystery:

as long as you bought it zero down with 72 monthly payments... :Caught:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

Love them fast Filipinas.

Edited by Old55
Update
  • Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I can see Europe becoming very unfriendly( for want of a better word) towards brits after the exit occurs.

Its called political correctness and every word the white British person mutters out of his mouth is raciest it seems .

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Old55 said:

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

Very nice .

• Like 3

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Old55 said:

Here I'm giving Steve retirement advice because we are going to retire shortly too. So last week I buy a muscle car. Makes perfect sense right?:thumbsup::hystery:

Take It That means your are Not moving to the PI, or maybe part time?  Just curious.  

• Like 2

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

The only advice I can give and it should be the law is bring as much money with you as you can. Meet at least 3 different girls before committing to a relationship and don't buy any property with anyone until you've lived in an area for one year, finally don't lend what you can't afford to lose.

Pretty sure if I decide to "meet" three different girls, my Asawa will go full Tampo And pull out the filet knife, and toss out the family jewels.   :hystery:     The rest is sage advice even for me. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

Take It That means your are Not moving to the PI, or maybe part time?  Just curious.  

Unlike Steve and Em we plan to live in our home country but visit Philippines perhaps spending summers there. 

I don't want to completely hijack Steve's topic. I've suggested Steve take Philippines for a "test drive" just testing the waters for a few months in order to fully better costs and other unseen stuff. On the other side, it could be we could find visiting during summers is not enough and want to spend more time there. For us it's our boys they will live here and family is our priority.

• Like 3