Philippines Nuclear Plant Opening

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

So that could lead into since the only local 'experts' would be the inexperienced workers there. They would also be tasked with supervising themselves. Sounds like it could end up in a blind leading the blind situation which would be inherently unsafe.

Steve, that is what my Question was based on. They are just not Ready at this time so I see absolutely no point in The President even mooting a start up :huh:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Steve, that is what my Question was based on. They are just not Ready at this time so I see absolutely no point in The President even mooting a start up :huh:

True, however the President also falls squarely into the category of "just because he shouldn't, doesn't mean he won't".

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

True, however the President also falls squarely into the category of "just because he shouldn't, doesn't mean he won't".

Steve, I asked a simple question. Not what you know or how Mr President will act, I asked,  based on what you do know, do you think the Phillipines are ready for Nuclear Power YES? or NO? it is as simple as that, anything else is of no use to my Question  and will take us round and round in Circles 

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Steve, I asked a simple question. Not what you know or how Mr President will act, I asked,  based on what you do know, do you think the Phillipines are ready for Nuclear Power YES? or NO? it is as simple as that, anything else is of no use to my Question  and will take us round and round in Circles 

Sorry, must have 'happy' fingers, excited to type today. To answer your question directly, NO.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Sorry, must have 'happy' fingers, excited to type today. To answer your question directly, NO.

Thank you.jpg :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

Government vows proper disposal of nuclear waste

MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine government has vowed to implement proper waste disposal measures in the use of nuclear energy.

“If the Philippines is to resort to the use of nuclear power to address its persistent problem of energy inadequacy, it must first find ways of how to safely dispose of the nuclear wastes,” Energy Secretary Angelo Reyes told the three-day International Ministerial Conference on Nuclear Energy in Beijing, China.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/461341/government-vows-proper-disposal-nuclear-waste

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

really think our Noble people here could manage a nuclear power station at this time with all the Safety issues to be addressed?

oh c'mon, anything is possible with a pair of flip flops on, we have all seen the miracles that can happen when welding, demolishing high rise, digging 5m deep trenches, climbing electric poles, laying tarmac................ nuclear power plant............no problem as long as flip flops have a radiation symbol they will be fine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Currently expecting to retire to Bataan I'm starting to think Tawi Tawi could be safer.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Now for something completely different.  My answer is YES, if they build it in Malawi and use local labor to build it.  If it works, great.  If it blows up . . . .  well lets just say its a win-win

Edit: Malawi, a landlocked country in southeastern Africa,

• Like 3