Mogo'a update 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

Was the information classified? LOL Can you share what he told you? I know what the 'rules' are but haven't heard feedback from anyone trying for a new license lately.

Ron,  Come on mate, Spill the beans, Lol.  We all need this info. 

Glad things are going well for you now.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Then out to Immigration, straight up to counter and young lady help us in a friendly and informative manner., but they do not issue ACRs there have to go to Manila.  But I am thinking it has been mentioned that I can go to Immigration at Angeles and get one?  Could you help guys, I know it was discussed not that long ago, just don't want to go to Manila if I can avoid it.

In 2013 I was able to get an ACR card at that location. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding. They will inform you that the ACR cards are issued from Manila and you have to wait a month or more  before the card is available at the San Fernando office. Or they may have changed their policy. If so it is a big PITA to go to Manila just for an ACR card. If they won't do it in SF try Baguio. It is much closer and they serve a lot more customers than SF. There are over 10,000 Korean students in Baguio attending University who need to use the services of BI.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, earthdome said:

They will inform you that the ACR cards are issued from Manila

Yes that may be part of a misunderstanding.  It may also be too soon.  AFAIK you cannot apply for a tourist ACR card until you have been in country 6 weeks.  Any time after that you can apply for your first 2 month (or 6 month) tourist visa which is required at the point you have been in country 59 days.  On that extension you must pay for and apply for an ACR card so I cannot imagine any sub office not "allowing it" as its mandatory.  But the cards do indeed get issued from Manila and may take a few weeks to get to the sub office.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes that may be part of a misunderstanding.  It may also be too soon.  AFAIK you cannot apply for a tourist ACR card until you have been in country 6 weeks.  Any time after that you can apply for your first 2 month (or 6 month) tourist visa which is required at the point you have been in country 59 days.  On that extension you must pay for and apply for an ACR card so I cannot imagine any sub office not "allowing it" as its mandatory.  But the cards do indeed get issued from Manila and may take a few weeks to get to the sub office.

Was he inquiring about the mandatory tourist ACR or voluntary Balikbayan? Not sure how he entered?

earthdome
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

AFAIK you cannot apply for a tourist ACR card until you have been in country 6 weeks.

At the SF BI office in 2013 I was able to obtain my first extension 4 days after I arrived. I needed that first extension in order to open a bank account. I think I applied for the ACR card on my second extension. Of course policy's may have changed since it has been over 4 years since I did this.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, earthdome said:

Of course policy's may have changed since it has been over 4 years since I did this.

Policies are like virgins. Here today and gone within minutes.  :hystery:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, earthdome said:

In 2013 I was able to get an ACR card at that location. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding. They will inform you that the ACR cards are issued from Manila and you have to wait a month or more  before the card is available at the San Fernando office. Or they may have changed their policy. If so it is a big PITA to go to Manila just for an ACR card. If they won't do it in SF try Baguio. It is much closer and they serve a lot more customers than SF. There are over 10,000 Korean students in Baguio attending University who need to use the services of BI.

Thanks ED

mogo51
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Was the information classified? LOL Can you share what he told you? I know what the 'rules' are but haven't heard feedback from anyone trying for a new license lately.

Well a follow up to this AT.  The young guy checked my passport and told me I had to have an ACR card, however, he also handed me a 'requirements notice' for obtaining a licence.  This does NOT include needing an ACR card, so am going to put all the stuff it says on that form together and give it a try!  We did not notice this until we sat down at home and read through the document.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Well a follow up to this AT.  The young guy checked my passport and told me I had to have an ACR card, however, he also handed me a 'requirements notice' for obtaining a licence.  This does NOT include needing an ACR card, so am going to put all the stuff it says on that form together and give it a try!  We did not notice this until we sat down at home and read through the document.

Does it mention the 1 year visa requirement? This has been the problem the last year or so for new issue (renewals do not have that requirement). Example, even if enter Balikbayan on 12 month waiver, have to be in the Phils 30 days to apply, now you only have 11 months and do not qualify. Tourists can stay 36 months but only 6 month Visa at a time so again no 'proof' of staying a year.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, mogo51 said:

This does NOT include needing an ACR card, so am going to put all the stuff it says on that form together and give it a try!  We did not notice this until we sat down at home and read through the document.

I have to have a chuckle here as you will soon realize there are many instances where the stuff it says on the form is just the beginning.  When you bring all that in there will almost always be another requirement that you have to go home and fulfill.  They get their jollies that way.  But not always, you may get lucky.

• Like 5