Home Security

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Oh, I hope it showed up! I used an asterisk and explained "Three Easily Angered Filipinas".

My bad JD, yes it did and I didn't look, happens.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Most people do sleep easy here if nothing bad has happened to them, yet.  :571b119686cf7_1(72):

Edit:  Let me add that the reason for my comment is not simply to troll your post.  We individuals need to be constantly reminded that just because nothing bad happened last year is no guarantee that the future will be the same way.  All of the security measures mentioned in this thread are useless AFTER something bad has happened.

I'll just add to this that Dave has lived in different areas in the Phils for a very long time. He has been a victim of crime and knows many others who have been victimized. One guy and gf (maybe wife) was tied up, beaten and robbed at gunpoint in their own home as I recall. Anyone think the perps were caught and punished?

Edited by MikeB

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, MikeB said:

Anyone think the perps were caught and punished?

In that situation, it is believed that the perps were "victims" of gunmen on a motorcycle shortly after the expat who got tied up joined the "Guardians".  We can only speculate if the perps were the ones killed but we do know that the particular type of crime was no longer repeated in that area.  As to the gf/wife point.  She was his gf at the time but after going through that ordeal with him he realized she was a keeper and he married her.  They have been married 6 happy years now.  You have a good memory, Mike.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Thanks, obviously I didn't know there were motorcycle gangs involved. That certainly changes things.

Maybe slightly o/t but does anyone know what happened with the American ex-serviceman who was killed outside a bar in Dumaguete a year or so ago? He was drunk, hit on the head with a bottle and kicked and beaten when down. There was surveillance video of the whole thing, no audio. A cook was arrested, or rather turned himself in. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, MikeB said:

Thanks, obviously I didn't know there were motorcycle gangs involved. That certainly changes things.

Maybe slightly o/t but does anyone know what happened with the American ex-serviceman who was killed outside a bar in Dumaguete a year or so ago? He was drunk, hit on the head with a bottle and kicked and beaten when down. There was surveillance video of the whole thing, no audio. A cook was arrested, or rather turned himself in. 

As Usual mike Nothing, they had the Cook, the Bouncer and a barman all unders arrest But we have heard nothing & and I guess as with many things we :89:t.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

As Usual mike Nothing, they had the Cook, the Bouncer and a barman all unders arrest But we have heard nothing & and I guess as with many things we :89:t.

As I figured, let me take a wild guess: there was no family member to "file a case". If no family member makes a formal complaint, there's no crime. Makes perfect sense.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, MikeB said:

Sorry if I mislead you.  No, I don't speak of motorcycle gangs.  The Guardians is a Filipino club (fraternity?) of "friends of law enforcement".   Some of the members are actually in law enforcement jobs.  They discuss things and handle things that are not easily taken care of through proper channels.  I would never want to mistakenly suggest that this club is doing any vigilante work but when they discuss things they generally find solutions.  Thus I found it interesting that when my friend joined, (by invitation as an honorary member only), he had no more problems.

These members are easily recognizable by the triangular tattoo on their shoulder.  In my experience, if you are keeping yourself out of trouble then this bunch of guys are good to know.  If you see one, be friendly :whistling:

• Thanks 1