Pigs Blood

Benington
Posted
Posted

What I understand is that the decision to remove the statue was under 6 month judicial review, after a case was brought against its removal following a close vote in favour by the council, back in May. But the far right groups decided to make their protest well before the judicial process has been gone through, attracting some of your radical liberals, but far more people who just don't like people marching up and down shouting Nazi slogans.

Apparently most of the statues in question across the country were put up early in the last century, well after the Civil War had ended. That must diminish the case for keeping them. Those erecting them wanted to put a stop to civil rights progress. They might have had some success as it wasn't until the 1960s that things started to move in that area.There's pros and cons and from the discussions I've heard. It's not true that all "liberals" want them removed...some want them to stay with explanatory material available. However, all the blacks I've heard on the subject do want them removed.

Re the Pershing Story Senator Graham should be ashamed if he gave it some credence. Don't watch Fox news much but if that was covered it would have been there. The point is that the unsubstantiated story about the 49 executions, bullets dipped in pig's blood etc was given a big boost in a speech by Trump early on in the campaign, then he "doubled down" on it with his recent tweet, applied to Barcelona. No wonder Graham did not figure as what Trump does and says displaces most other news.

Yes, there's a lot of other stuff you can read about Gen Pershing in the Philippine American war, as they call it here, on his tactics vs the Muslims. But if any do have any substance they do not seem, in any way, to give support to the Pig's Blood tale. 

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jake said:

Embarrassed, ashamed, frustrated and utterly disgusted.  Let's make America hate again.....but I love his orange hair.  

We didn't need to make America hate again, the left already had that covered.:hystery:

https://youtu.be/P5YGu4HXa1w

https://youtu.be/XrzUbNV21Go

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, robert k said:

We didn't need to make America hate again

And I don't think anyone intended to make America grate again,

(grate definition:  reduce something, especially food, to small shreds by rubbing it on a grater. OR make an unpleasant rasping sound.)

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And I don't think anyone intended to make America grate again,

(grate definition:  reduce something, especially food, to small shreds by rubbing it on a grater. OR make an unpleasant rasping sound.)

Dave, where precisely lid you find "grate" in mine or the quoted post? Just curious.:89:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 8/18/2017 at 2:54 PM, Benington said:

As part of another report? No, his suggestion as to how the terrorism in that report can be dealt with.

It was a separate Tweet following the Barcelona tweet, so it should be construed as applying to all terrorists, not just Barcelona.

Trump is not stupid, despite the ongoing onslaught from the mainstream media and the left, who try to find ever little thing wrong and blow it into a huge deal.  I'm fairly certain that he knows the Pershing story is somewhat of a myth, but he uses it anyway to portray a tough stance on terrorists.

On 8/18/2017 at 2:54 PM, Benington said:

what we need most are thoughtful suggestions by politicians and others on dealing with those attacks?

Thoughtful?  We had 8 years of thoughtful and look where that got us.

DT was elected because he is unconventional.  I never liked the guy and did not vote, but I am glad he was elected.  The alternative was much worse and I, like the people who elected him, are tired of having PC career politicians running the country into the ground.  We needed a shake up.

On 8/18/2017 at 2:00 PM, Snowy79 said:

I get the feeling if this guy found the cure for cancer they'd hang him out to dry for not curing aids instead. 

Amen.  It is unbelievable.  Some of my family are crazy with hate for Trump and they do not expose themselves to anything but left wing biased news sources.

CNN is just a joke to me now.  I watch it quite a bit.  The original pig blood story posted here, with Jake Tapper, is of course designed to make Trump look as bad as possible.  Instead of "myth" or "story", they use "lie", of course.  These are the same people who would completely ignore the wrong doings happening during the last administration.

I used to respect Wolf Blitzer years ago.  Now he is just another CNN shill for the democrats.  Did you see what he said about Barcelona?  Probably not in MSM.  He suggests that the Barcelona terrorists might be copycatting the Charlottesville idiot who is now fairly being called a terrorist.  How could anybody in the news business even come close to that in their mind?  Barcelona followed many other vehicle terrorist attacks in Europe and is a promoted modus operandi of ISIS.  If anything, Charlottesville would logically be called a copy cat of the ISIS attacks.  So why would Wolf say this?  Well, they blamed Trump for Charlottesville, so link Barcelona and blame him for that too.

3 hours ago, Benington said:

The "radical, liberals"? Don't see too many of them. Trump & Co have tried to label them the "Alt Left". Worst thing I've seen are students and some demonstrators shouting people down.

You need to do more research on who these people are.  Maybe you agree with their view of the future.  I don't.

Regarding the Charlottesville incidents.  Those neo-nazis or klan or whatever scum came for a rally, they are imbalanced and the best thing would have been to ignore them.  They were like 100 assholes in a country of 300 million.  But no, the press is looking for juicy stuff, and the leftist see an opportunity.  I have no problem with people peaceably protesting the a Klan rally, but the Antifa types went there looking to cause trouble and get headlines.  Unconfirmed by me, but apparently some of these people are paid to show up, so they are basically mercenaries.

4 hours ago, Jake said:

Embarrassed, ashamed, frustrated and utterly disgusted.  Let's make America hate again.....but I love his orange hair.  

Jake, when Trump started gathering steam and made his comments about Mexican rapists, the left labeled him a racist.  I asked some friends on FB about this, as they obviously believed it.  They couldn't tell me why he was racist unless it was just those comments.  I have never seen any real information about Trump being a racist.  If you know of some, please let me know where it is.

Regarding "hate again", I would point you back to the last administration.  IMHO, the most divisive president.  He never did one damn thing to improve race relations that I think most would say had been improving over the previous 20-30 years.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, robert k said:

Dave, where precisely lid you find "grate" in mine or the quoted post? Just curious.

I did not find it there.  I saw you and Jake were parodying "Make America Great Again", abbreviated to MAGA,  which was a campaign slogan used in American politics that was used by President Donald Trump in his 2016 presidential campaign.  Thus I continued with the parody.  

Benington
Posted
Posted

I'm licking my lips thinking of what Trump Breaking News next week will bring on cable TV. They're running out of people willing to come on and defend him, and I was mortified when Jeffrey Lord was recently given the Heave Ho! by CNN..only for saying Sieg Heil! in a Tweet. I really think he should be reinstated, as his contributions at least threw up some interesting stories from his time in past White Houses.

Otherwise we will just get more of the trite sloganizing, distraction and pivoting Trump supporters on TV and elsewhere increasingly rely upon to cover up their man.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, robert k said:

We didn't need to make America hate again, the left already had that covered.:hystery:

https://youtu.be/P5YGu4HXa1w

https://youtu.be/XrzUbNV21Go

I wouldn't read too much into that because those kids are social rejects in Chicago, the failed democrat city.  If they were not doing that they would be out shooting each other.

There are plenty of conservative blacks who support Trump and realize democrat party policies are dragging black people down.

Benington
Posted
Posted

It's too much work to edit your long post, Onmyway, but look at this fact check link on your statement that "apparently these people were paid to show up", where the desperate right is getting confused on place names in the US to bolster their, and Trump's, case that the "liberals" have some or even equal blame:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/aug/18/blog-posting/blog-posts-wrongly-say-theres-proof-democrats-hire/

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I wouldn't read too much into that because those kids are social rejects in Chicago, the failed democrat city.  If they were not doing that they would be out shooting each other.

There are plenty of conservative blacks who support Trump and realize democrat party policies are dragging black people down.

I wasn't reading anything into it because they were black. My best friend is black, SIL stepfather was black and when he passed everyone lost even if they never knew him. I'm not concerned by losers in Chirak, I'm more concerned by BAMN By Any Means Necessary in Berkley California, they have support by city mayor. By any means necessary is a term that means there is no rule, the ends justify the means. Since they feel that way? Would I be justified in burning them and their entire families alive [just an example of when the rules are thrown out]? I think it's a slippery slope we shouldn't go down but it looks like they are strapping on skis and if they want to go there, someone will give them a bellyfull of it. As it's said, if it will make you laugh when it happens to someone else, it will make you cry when it happens to you. They have been laughing so far.

• Like 1