Wearing watches ( as a daily issue)

mogo51
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Castaway said:

Maybe so... butI'd rather have them take my $100 watch than take my wallet. :smile:

They will take both!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

davewe
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Strange things can happen here Dave at any time anywhere, if they want something they will try, You are still new to all this never be too complacent mate :thumbsup:

That's why the wife has pepper spray - to protect the watch.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, davewe said:

That's why the wife has pepper spray - to protect the watch.

24/7 mate? :hystery: + if my wife wants something Quick out of here bag :571c66d400c8c_1(103): 

but all joking Apart mate just think on EH? 

Edited by Jack Peterson

davewe
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

24/7 mate? :hystery: + if my wife wants something Quick out of here bag :571c66d400c8c_1(103): 

but all joking Apart mate just think on EH? 

Your point is well taken and as I mentioned before I dumped all my expensive watches just in case. That said, I know I could be a target for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that other timepiece many of us carry - the smartphone. 

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I did switch to a cheap fitness band, and because I lost weight my wedding ring no longer fits... but when I wore them (just quit in Feb this year), my Citizen watch and my wedding ring were both around $750 each.  If someone cut off my left arm it would have been worth p75,000 ha ha

I never felt wrong wearing my watch, ring, or any other jewelry I wanted.  I do not flash wealth, but I refuse to live my life in fear.  Although I wear a watch... I usually don't even know what month it is!  :tiphat:

• Like 5

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I bought a Seiko solar watch for about $100 before I moved here. I changed the band on it for a silicone one because of the sweat/stink factor. Other than that, it's been one of the best items I've ever bought. Still fine after three years. I think the insert said it would keep time for 6 days on 15-minutes of light (doesn't have to be sunlight). I figured that under a dark, apocalyptic sky, I'd still know what time I was eaten by a zombie.

I only wear it when I go out. It's smaller than a dinner plate and has an analog face with day/date. I assume that's everything no one would want to steal. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

It's smaller than a dinner plate and has an analog face with day/date. I assume that's everything no one would want to steal. 

On 10/6/2017 at 9:55 AM, scott h said:

And they are usually the size of a tea cup saucer.

Me I still wear the 10 dollar army issue watch I never turned into supply :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

:hystery: seems they actually like the Bigger face  :whistling:

Just Saying :thumbsup:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I stopped wearing a watch back in around 2002 after being issued a Blackberry at work.  Life revolved around the Blackberry back then.

I probably have 4 or 5 good watches in my junk box.  They are probably all good but need batteries.  I have a G-shock in there that was supposed to be my dive watch but I got a dive computer and thus barely used the G-Shock because it is so big.  Maybe I should get them running and give them to the family as gifts.

Thinking about getting an exercise tracker watch like Tuka, so I can track how many times I get off the couch each day!  :whistling:

• Like 3

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I have a pocket watch I carry at work. I have a Bulova I used to wear as jewelry. The strap broke and it spent 8 weeks at the jewelers. Since I got it back I have worn it very seldom. My SO bought me a Citizen watch, which I promptly lost aaaarg. Now I use my phone when I need to know the time.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I sometimes wonder if I'm actually living in the Philippines. I wear a watch every day, indeed I wore a G-shock until it broke a few months back. I was never mugged for it, and have never seen anyone mugged for a watch. I'm not saying it does not happen - but I don't think wearing a mid-brand watch is so flashy. Obviously, I'm going to be robbed the minute I step out my door now i have tempted fate!

• Like 4