Hotel Essencia, Dumaguete: A Review

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

They may have gone upscale since I stayed there 5 years ago (time flies).

At that time they were quoting a rate for a 3 hour stay on a rate chart near the check in desk.  That gave me my first clue.  Then not being able to book and reserve online in case all the rooms were occupied at the time was my second clue that it was a short time hotel.  Add in the fact that I had to pay for my room in 24 hour increments and it all added up to "short time"  but that is not necessarily bad.  I  stayed there as just a tourist for days at a time and the girls going to the other rooms could easily have been staying there by themselves :whistling:

A man I know uses it for a taxi room, yes I am being polite.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We have often used the Bethal when staying in Duma. It's starting to get a bit pricey when you need a couple of rooms so considering the Nicanor this coming visit.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You all have to Remember this The Hotel in Question (Hotel essencia)  is owned by the man who runs "TOPS & BOTTOMS ( the Discount, discount store of Dumaguete,) I am sure  he runs it in  line with  'Manny  Cohen' of TESCO fame) Stack it High and sell it cheap, Sometimes it works and another time it don't. But he has made a Fortune. (Both of them) Who are we? :wink:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

You all have to Remember this The Hotel in Question (Hotel essencia)  is owned by the man who runs "TOPS & BOTTOMS ( the Discount, discount store of Dumaguete,) I am sure  he runs it in  line with  'Manny  Cohen' of TESCO fame) Stack it High and sell it cheap, Sometimes it works and another time it don't. But he has made a Fortune. (Both of them) Who are we? :wink:

Well we are supposed to be customers BTW how much is it per night,not for a taxi room.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Well we are supposed to be customers BTW how much is it per night,not for a taxi room.

Not a Frigging Clue   But cheaper than my place :hystery: And if you don't Mind why do you want to know?:whistling: Don't tell me she has Hooved you Out :console:

Kidding mate Kidding :mellow:

Edited by Jack Peterson
You would not believe me if I told you all
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

considering the Nicanor this coming visit.

I've stayed there (again it was 5 years or more ago) and the price was right and easy to sleep as they don't waste money on windows that let the light and noise in.  :SugarwareZ-037:  Maybe that is just for the cheap rooms but if it is important for you to have a window, be sure to ask before you book.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

I would recommend using the services of AirBnB.  I did during my first trip there in 2016.  Most of the host's provide airport or ferry pickup services and help settle you in.  You can normally make your decision based on the posted reviews, they are normally spot on.  And as a member, you also get rated by the host to ensure you don't trash the place.  

And most of all, the costs are reasonable.  This is the best thing since sliced bread...    

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, bows00 said:

I would recommend using the services of AirBnB.  I did during my first trip there in 2016.  Most of the host's provide airport or ferry pickup services and help settle you in.  You can normally make your decision based on the posted reviews, they are normally spot on.  And as a member, you also get rated by the host to ensure you don't trash the place.  

And most of all, the costs are reasonable.  This is the best thing since sliced bread...    

Was going to use AirBnB for the first time ever in Baguio on my most recent trip , had to cancel that leg due to some family issues but they refunded in full so that's a good recommendation in itself.

Minus the service fee of course.

Edited by BrettGC
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 11/14/2017 at 9:59 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

They may have gone upscale since I stayed there 5 years ago (time flies).

At that time they were quoting a rate for a 3 hour stay on a rate chart near the check in desk.  That gave me my first clue.  Then not being able to book and reserve online in case all the rooms were occupied at the time was my second clue that it was a short time hotel.  Add in the fact that I had to pay for my room in 24 hour increments and it all added up to "short time"  but that is not necessarily bad.  I  stayed there as just a tourist for days at a time and the girls going to the other rooms could easily have been staying there by themselves :whistling:

Yup times change Dave. have often booked a room there as often full, only problem is dealing with desk girl, 50% chance of booking working. By fone only.

never seen any sign of payment scale, just a board showing prices, standard is p900, large bed air con and hot shower. if I am busy in town its fine as parking so good, otherwise mostly use Tip Top as prefer this area, Perdices is just soooo crowded.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

From what I hear they are catering for Seminars and things so midweek I guess, could be a problem time :thumbsup: