F.I.R.E (financial independence retire early)

Gary D
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, stevewool said:

It’s a worry, and like you say insurance is so expensive, but great if you ever have to claim on it.

I am just going to eat well and less stress that may help, if something major happens either try to get to England .

Yes I guess it all depends if you get struck down with something like a stroke or heart attack or get a long-term condition and can still travel. Something that I think about. Will definitely be keeping the UK house as a fall back for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, stevewool said:

It’s a worry, and like you say insurance is so expensive, but great if you ever have to claim on it.

I am just going to eat well and less stress that may help, if something major happens either try to get to England .

Just to throw in (again) the point that once you have been out of the UK for 3 months technically speaking your out of the NHS system.  That said, i wonder if this is ever monitored? 

stevewool
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Just to throw in (again) the point that once you have been out of the UK for 3 months technically speaking your out of the NHS system.  That said, i wonder if this is ever monitored? 

Well if that ever happens, I will fly to France,then get the smallest dingy and set sail across the English Channel to be rescued and then taken care off.

Spoiler

:whistling:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Well if that ever happens, I will fly to France,then get the smallest dingy and set sail across the English Channel to be rescued and then taken care off.

Hide contents

:whistling:

I wonder what you can be alluding to?  :89:...:tongue:

• Like 1

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted

Yes I will get to the UK asap and then go back if l can, I love the life there, great food and weather , you can even swim in the sea without going blue with hypothermia like in the UK hahaha 

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted

I am not sure about the 3 month rule but I don't expect its checked & I love the comment about buying a dingy, I bet it would work to Stevewool,  hahaha

Gary D
Posted
Posted

As long as you are keeping an address in the UK probably no problem.

• Like 1