SRRV -worth it or not?

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 30/11/2017 at 2:16 PM, mogo51 said:

I agree the application fee then the yearly slog, which is not much less than 12 months of tourist visa extensions, make it a lot less attractive.  But my main objection is $10kUS in the hands of Philippine banks.

Hear you Ron, you have to do the math related to your particular circumstances and while you may get no return or sweet FA on your US 10K deposit the best I can find for that money invested in OZ is 2.5 %, then add the US 360 annual fee. I am a frequent traveller so there are benefits there, I, under this visa can also work and as you know other perks. As said do the sums even if it means buying a condo to rent out and never set foot in it providing the returns stack up. Or simply enjoy your current status and have a beer or 5.

Cheers, Steve.

• Haha 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 30/11/2017 at 9:01 AM, MikeB said:

You asked so here's my 2 cents. In perfect hindsight I would have stuck with the BB, it's absolutely free and you never have to deal with BI. As time goes on you'll appreciate that more and more. The only caveat is you have to leave once a year. Call it a sanity check. No Probationary/Permanent nonsense. As for the SRRV, I stopped reading at the $1400 "application fee". 

Each to their own predicament Mike and I am sure you appreciate why, we all have differing needs and avail such as is offered to suit personal needs and wants, no visa is right for everyone, only suited to ones needs and wants and certainly limited to what is available at the time within a national somewhat  "bias" system. All countries are the same. "Filipinos first" rings a bell and our government in Oz should perhaps take a leaf out of the book.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Anyway slightly off topic. Why do people not consider the quota visa where one can be part of a list of 50 people from each country each year (conditions apply ) that can avail this visa.  :89:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Anyway slightly off topic. Why do people not consider the quota visa where one can be part of a list of 50 people from each country each year (conditions apply ) that can avail this visa.  :89:

I think it is kind of a mystery to everyone and nobody knows anybody who has gone that route.

And most here are retirees, tourists or married to a Filipina, so that seems to be the path of least resistance.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm starting on the quota visa process in the New Year so will document my process. On paper it looks easy enough and published costs is just over 18,000 peso before medicals  hotels and transport is taken into consideration. I'd looked at it previously and was getting quotes of about 300,000 peso all in. I had a partner with a contact in immigration as I figured I was getting shafted. They came back with a similar cost. Things have changed though as fixers are getting clamped down on as is back handers to dodgy officials. I'm doing it the legitimate way myself and will see how it goes. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

think it is kind of a mystery to everyone and nobody knows anybody who has gone that route.

I know many who have gone that route, but each of them have done so in a manner that we do not condone on this forum.  I do not know anyone who has done it the legitimate way.  As there are only a limited number available, and as there are some corrupt "high ups" who are profiting from their participation in obtaining these visa, then I doubt many "normal" applications get processed.

For those who are curious, the amount of pesos that we do not condone discussing on this forum is very high.  If you have to ask then you really don't want to go that route.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)

BI FORM V-I-001-Rev .1.1pdf.pdf

1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm starting on the quota visa process in the New Year so will document my process. On paper it looks easy enough and published costs is just over 18,000 peso before medicals  hotels and transport is taken into consideration. I'd looked at it previously and was getting quotes of about 300,000 peso all in. I had a partner with a contact in immigration as I figured I was getting shafted. They came back with a similar cost. Things have changed though as fixers are getting clamped down on as is back handers to dodgy officials. I'm doing it the legitimate way myself and will see how it goes. 

Still with a quoter visa there are other factors similar to the SRRV according to the check list.

Letter request addressed to the Commissioner from
a. is in possession of a valid passport (or equivalent document) an visa at the time of filing the
b. does not belong to any class of excludible or deportable foreign nationals enumerated under Sections 29 and 37 of the Philipp
Immigration Act of 1940;
c. possesses the qualifications, skills, scientific, educational or technical knowledge whi
national interest of the Philippines or has sufficient capital for a viable and sustainable investment in the Philippines;
2. Accomplished CGAF (BI Form CGAF
3. Photocopy of passport bio-page and latest admis
4. Proof of applicant’s special qualifications like academic degrees, awards, certificates of recognition, and other documents a
the applicant’s special qualifications, skills or knowledge, or proof of financial
a. Bank certification of inward remittance amounting to at least US $50,000.00 or equivalent in other foreign currency;
b. Documents evidencing owners
filing the Quota Immigrant Visa may be considered
inwardly remitted from foreign sources
c. Documents showing ownership of or investment in an ex
other equivalent proof of ownership in a corporation or
application may be considered
from foreign sources;
5. Stamp issued by the Bureau of Quarantine appearing in applicant’s passport or travel document,
government health institution that
6. Valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance, if application is file
Philippines; and
7. BI Clearance Certificate.
1. Duly accomplished CGAF (BI Form CGAF
2. Photocopy of passport bio-page and latest admission with valid authorized stay;
3. Proof of filiation with the applicant;
4. Stamp issued by the Bureau of Quarantine appearing in applicant’s passport or travel document,
government health institution that the applicant is physically and mentally fit
5. BI Clearance Certificate.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
added pdf as not all text copy and paste correctly

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I know a US citizen that went the quota route. He said there are extra hoops to jump through and I think he had to go to Manila a few times to get it done. Because of the 50 limit I figured it took a long time but he said it was 8-10 months. Even though 50 sounds low, because of the requirements and since it is not as popular as the others he was accepted right away as there were only 34 applicants that year.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

He said there are extra hoops to jump through

Did he confide in you whether any of those hoops included "non-documented costs"?  I am curious as this one be the first I have heard of where there all money paid has a legitimate receipt.  Assuming such is the case, many would like the know approximately how much he paid to get the quota visa.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I  really dont understand what you are saying or what your point is ?  You can PM me anytime. 

Hmm, no need to private msg JGF as I have nothing to hide, this post is about or was about a Special Residence Retirement Visa and its value/s. Did it go wildly left field? I have been slapped many times for running off topic within an original post on this site and others and rightly so, as a simple newbie I am trying to grasp the politics and norms on this and other sites and oft times have to read and yes reread the entire posts and between the lines to ascertain credibility once questioned by another compatriot. At times we all need to digest the authors modus operandi as I am learning to do. (getting to know you).  Each contributor is an individual and gives their 2 bobs worth, quid pro quo? Or honest decent input?

Am I another statistic? I get annoyed with a double edged bias sword with no hope of recompense from the power/s that be. Once out goodbye with no defence. JGF, is this rhetoric or hyperbole? What is your beef with me?  Your constant trivial unlearned questions? The answers are there, read the post in it's entirety and stop second guessing. Attack no, defence yes.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1