My First Month into Retirement.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Why did you think it was dangerous?  I don't remember much traffic but that was 5 years ago.

Having not rode a motorbike for many years plus having a passenger who does not like motorbikes does not help.plus it was a lot further then I thought, in my eyes maybe I was a danger to other road users, but they way people and animals walk along side of the roads, better to have 4 wheels in my mind these days.

• Like 4

bows00
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Are you staying in the Alona area?  I heard it can been quite noisy in the main area.  I booked an air bnb closer to Danao Beach.  It has beach access but the beach there is not great, so we will beach it elsewhere most of the time.  We are going the first week of May

Taking a shot with AirBnb, I lucked out with "Alona Park Residence" where they gave me a Penthouse all to myself.  It is located far enough away from the beach and is very quiet.  You can gain access through an adjacent hotel  by getting a pass that requires a 1000P deposit.  They will return your money upon check out and with the pass, the beach is about 2 minutes away.    

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted

One thing I have noticed about the Filipina's so far.  The working Filipina girls in Bohol are way more friendlier and approachable than the bigger city girls of Dumaguete or Manila.  Just my experience so far.  I can only imagine how much better it gets when you go deeper into the provincial areas.  

I don't deserve to be having this much fun...

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, bows00 said:

I can only imagine how much better it gets when you go deeper into the provincial areas.  

Bows my Friend, we have been telling you this from your first day here on PEF :thumbsup:

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Bows my Friend, we have been telling you this from your first day here on PEF

Yes.  And thank you Philippine Expat Forum!  But it is still so enlightening when I experience it for myself... boots on the ground.

And I can say that so far, my experiences have been consistent with the information provided here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, bows00 said:

One thing I have noticed about the Filipina's so far.  The working Filipina girls in Bohol are way more friendlier and approachable than the bigger city girls of Dumaguete or Manila.  Just my experience so far.  I can only imagine how much better it gets when you go deeper into the provincial areas.  

I don't deserve to be having this much fun...

The girls are more reserved in the bigger cities.Quite nice really as I don`t have to fight them off anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mickey
Posted
Posted

I have been in Puerto princessa now for 6 years 

which is located on Palawan, not bad , pollution is really nothing but Tric traffic an issue but a great island 

• Like 1

Mickey
Posted
Posted
On 2/10/2018 at 7:21 PM, bows00 said:

I want to emphasize that I am NOT looking for freelance girls.  It was in my plans to walk over to Greenbelt tomorrow. 

Trust but Verify 

• Like 1